Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
davide pessach
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the correct sleeves size for Combat Commander cards?

thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the same size sleeves as the Magic: The Gathering cards fit into, if that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
patgarret77 wrote:
What's the correct sleeves size for Combat Commander cards?

thanks guys!

I used penny sleeves from a hobby store, baseball card size. They are cheap, work great, and the only complaints I have heard from them are (1) they can wear out over time and split and crack, and (2) they can develop a film spots from rubbing together over and over again. In Combat Commander your cards will really be run through the ringer if you play very often. Considering the penny sleeves will only cost you about $3 for 300 sleeves, just replace the sleeves if they wear out. I used penny sleeves for all my (U.S. produced) games and never had a problem with wear and tear. I have played my Combat Commander: Europe set about two-dozen times with no noticeable problems.

You can use custom-fit Mayday sleeves designed to fit your cards perfectly, but they run a cost of about 3 to 6 times more. For my money, as long as the cards are the right size for the sleeves, I'll just keep using baseball card sleeves. The exception to this rule is Dominion, which has Euro-sized cards, and so I sprang for the Mayday sleeves. It set me back the cost of an expansion to the game.

So far, I've never had to replace a set of sleeves.

Cheers.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Merighi
Argentina
Mar del Plata
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used this one :

ldsdbomber wrote:
Mayday Card Game (Green) or equivalent 63 x 88mm

Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Robot
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I'll let you guys in on a secret to sleeves for any game that uses magic the gathering size cards (RftG, Combat Commander, and Pandemic to name a few).

Go to any game store that sells MTG singles. If they have a large collection of second hand cards they also have a large collection of second hand sleeves. You can scoop these up for basically nothing (like 500 sleeve for 5 bucks last time I checked) and they will be far superior to mayday penny sleeves.

You see any magic player worth his/her salt buys good sleeves and when they finally sell their collection the sleeves go with them. The shops then have this huge number of left over Ultra-pro sleeves. Further still magic players love buying new sleeves to 'pimp out' their new decks and they tend to buy good sleeves so their should always be a good supply.

As a ex-magic player I was so happy when I first found out GMT uses mtg size sleeves and I have managed to sleeves all my GMT games with second hand sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delta 5.56
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blorbo wrote:

I'll let you guys in on a secret to sleeves for any game that uses magic the gathering size cards (RftG, Combat Commander, and Pandemic to name a few).

Go to any game store that sells MTG singles. If they have a large collection of second hand cards they also have a large collection of second hand sleeves. You can scoop these up for basically nothing (like 500 sleeve for 5 bucks last time I checked) and they will be far superior to mayday penny sleeves.

You see any magic player worth his/her salt buys good sleeves and when they finally sell their collection the sleeves go with them. The shops then have this huge number of left over Ultra-pro sleeves. Further still magic players love buying new sleeves to 'pimp out' their new decks and they tend to buy good sleeves so their should always be a good supply.

As a ex-magic player I was so happy when I first found out GMT uses mtg size sleeves and I have managed to sleeves all my GMT games with second hand sleeves.

Great tip. I just called my local store and they said they have some 2nd hand sleeves on hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.