Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Stachiw
United States
Bayonne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...or are some created by the creators? (I've read some Lovecraft in the past and absent minded on this question... or is it madness!?!)

I read a post on throwing a themed Arkham Horror party where guests are in character. This sounds like a great idea. I'm going to move in a few months and start bigger game nights at the new digs.

I thought if I can give each person a story where the character's are from before we meet up that'd be cool but if not can just send them character card scans.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
Denmark
KĂžbenhavn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game in front of me, but I believe only the allies originate from mythos sources. As far as I know all the characters were created for Arkham Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have not run across any of the investigators as his characters. Allies and people you encounter typically are. But the investigators are copied off the characters from the RPG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The Martial Artist is definitely NOT a Lovecraft style character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
right. I do not think any of the characters come from the mythos stories.
I just know about one:

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/content/894-Monterey-Jack-or-How-...

there are certainly other similar fun stories to dig out.

Like Carl Sanford that actually comes from Carl Sanford Peterson (Sandy Peterson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flux
United Kingdom
Cropwell Bishop
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Tally Ho!
mbmbmb
Are you trying to tell me that Lovecraft didn't create an adventuring archeologist with a whip and name him after a cheese?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Hale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
mb
Tadpoleface wrote:
Are you trying to tell me that Lovecraft didn't create an adventuring archeologist with a whip and name him after a cheese?

Makes me wonder if the people who made "Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers" were fans of CoC, or coincidentally used the same process. Oh, and if they enjoyed male strip clubs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tadpoleface wrote:

something like this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.