Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
So Doom! lets the overlord roll an extra black die, and dark priests already roll 5 black die.

In vanilla descent you are obviously capped. In RtL, can the overlord upgrade a black die to a silver die with Doom (both in this case and in general)? What about having two Doom cards in play via treachery, can the OL get a gold die?

I've read the rulebook 3 times and can't figure this one out

Next question is a weird LOS one. In some of the RtL dungeons, two rooms are smashed up against each other with no hallway, like this (1/2 represents different tiles). Now, the bolded numbers have a tiny little gap between them. I assume those are intended to be like that and you can't trace LOS between them. However, what about the italicized numbers? Technically the gap prevents LOS but we ruled that it was just a normal corner, as nothing else in the game covers just a small portion of a square like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The FAQ clarifies and effectively says any Power Dice bonus translates into a Power Die upgrade (with Bash being the exception).

2) The only "connecting" pieces between rooms is the 2 square puzzle piece, so yes, that tiny gap is a wall and you cannot see through/move through. On a corner as well, if you have direct angle to center to center, then you have LOS (so yes, you have LOS to that square).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:
Quote:
Q: When effects from "vanilla" Descent refer to black dice, how do they relate to silver and gold dice? Does Doom! still add black dice at gold campaign level? Can Trenloe the Strong and Lyssa reroll silver and gold dice?
A: For Road to Legend, when an effect refers to a black die, read it as referring to power dice in general. If an effect adds a black die to a roll (such as Doom! or a power potion), it instead adds one "boost" as if the subject had spent one fatigue to enhance its attack. For example, a copper level Master Beastman, which ordinarily rolls 1 black die, could roll either 2 black dice or 1 silver die with Doom! in play. Lyssa and Trenloe the Strong may reroll power dice of any color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Ah the FAQ! I knew I read that somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Another quick question that we had.

When you roll to draw a treasure from a chest -- do the Heroes receive 1 treasure per player like in Vanilla or do they receive 1 to divide between them as they choose?

It seems a little crazy that the heroes could potentially draw 16 items, if it still follows the vanilla rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get one item per die, so if you happen to roll four blanks, you would get four treasures for the whole group. It's a rare occurrence though possible. Usually you get one or no treasures at all.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Two more questions, strangely both related to the topic.

Does Doom! give an extra dice to a hero who is controlling a monster with Necromancy? The Doom! card says "..your monsters..." so I don't think so, but it was a debate.

Can I use a dark priest with no valid target to simply attack the ground to gain the threat tokens from his surges?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, a Hero cannot use the Invader's Doom ability, as you properly identified. The "you" indicates the person who controls that card, i.e. the Overlord. The necromanced monster is no longer under the OL's control so gains no benefits from the OL (at least that's how I would play it).

No, to gain effects from an attack, there needs to be a valid, potential hero on the square being attack. The FAQ addresses this (any creature could effectively just "attack the darkness" and try to earn threat for the OL if you could do that).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
So does that mean I can't attack one of my own monsters either?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Also it seems pretty crazy that every surge on a dark priest gives me a damage AND a threat. Is that how it works, or do I have to choose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you can tell, our OL likes to stretch and twist the rules to his benefit (i.e. cheating). But then, what do you expect from an evil overlord?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Says the guy trying to get extra power dice on Necro'd minions!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbon Loughnan
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elltrain wrote:
Also it seems pretty crazy that every surge on a dark priest gives me a damage AND a threat. Is that how it works, or do I have to choose?

Thats how it works. Each threat gives the Dark Priest +1 Range, +1 Damage and 1 threat for the Overlord.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.