Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what is believed to be the definitive list of figures that make up the new set:

1 Madrox Com
2 Purifier Com
3 Omega Prime Sentinel Com
4 Hellfire Club Guard Com
5 Mindless One Com
6 Skullbuster Com
7 Pretty Boy Com
8 Cyclops Com
9 Wolverine Com
10 Beast Com
11 Emma Frost Com
12 Cypher Com
13 Empath Com
14 Roulette Com
15 Tabitha Smith Com
16 Aaron Stack Com
17 Domino Com
18 Caliban Unc
19 William Stryker Unc
20 Harry Leland Unc
21 Tarot Unc
22 Cannonball Unc
23 Psylock Unc
24 Gideon Unc
25 Elixir Unc
26 Leech Unc
27 Siryn Unc
28 Elsa Bloodstone Unc
29 Monica Rambeau Unc
30 Rogue Unc
31 Angel Unc
32 Ch`od Unc
33 Blob Unc
34 Pyro Rar
35 Mystique Rar
36 Professor X Rar
37 Gatecrasher Rar
38 Iceman Rar
39 Lockheed Rar
40 Sabretooth Rar
41 Stryfe Rar
42 Predator X Rar
43 Trevor Fitzroy Rar
44 Bonebreaker Rar
45 Vulcan Rar
46 Juggernaut Sr
47 Phoenix Sr
48 Storm Sr
49 Archangel Sr
50 Armor Sr
51 Hulk Sr
52 Wolverine Sr
53 Magneto Sr
54 The Captain Sr
55 Cable / Deadpool Duo/Chase
56 Colossus / Wolverine Duo/Chase
57 Cyclops / Phoenix Duo/Chase
58 Gambit / Rogue Duo/Chase
100 Madrox BitB
101 Psylocke LE
102 Cable LE
103 Deadpool LE
104 Archangel LE
105 Karima LE

G01 Sentinel Mark II Giant/LE
G02 Sentinel Mark V Giant/LE
G03 Apocalypse Giant/LE
G04 Onslaught Giant/LE
G05 Nemesis Giant/LE
G06 Frost Giant Giant/LE

As you can see the set has a total of 17 common figures, 16 Uncommon, 12 Rare, Super Rare 8, 4 figures Chase with a frequency equal to that of the White Lanterns, ie, one by Brick, Brick 1 figure, 6 colossal figures come in SuperBoosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Owsen
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 days to launch! Will any local stores in the Seattle area have any? We'll see...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahahaha! I'm excited also. Looking forward to this and Captain America later this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These aren't the X-Men I know... ;P

X-Men (and enemies) I really would have liked to see (can you tell which era of X-men I like?):

X-Men:
Nightcrawler (really?!? no Kurt?)
Colussus (a non-duo)
Kitty Pride
Banshee

Enemies:
Proteus/Mutant X

That said, this *is* looking like a nice set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jBullfrog wrote:

X-Men (and enemies) I really would have liked to see (can you tell which era of X-men I like?):

X-Men:
Colussus (a non-duo)
Kitty Pride
Banshee

Enemies:
Proteus/Mutant X

While named after themes, the sets aren't too strict about those themes. After all, they want people who might be, say, HULK fans, to buy some of this set as well. Though this set IS pretty X-streamlined...

Nightcrawler was just in Web of Spiderman Hammer of Thor (and Fantastic Forces and Clobberin' Time waaaaay back when, as a unique figure), and Siryn (Banshee's daughter) is in here and he (Sean Cassidy) was featured in Armor Wars. Colossus has several figures, in Mutations and Monsters, Ultimates and Explosion. Kitty was also in Xplosion also, while Shadowcat was featured in the Sinister set.

Now Proteus, always a fan-favorite villain, has gone through some changes, despite being featured in an X-Men: Animated episode! The closest we have is Proteus/Morph (from Mutations and Monsters) that hails from the Marvel Universe after the Scarlet Witch remakes everything. Not sure how satisfying I find this Proteus, but he did cross over into another universe once before, by reanimating classic Star Trek antagonist, Gary Mitchell's body!

Like Ripley, I will just say, "Believe it, or not!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenda Thorpe
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zelif wrote:
jBullfrog wrote:

X-Men:
Colussus (a non-duo)
Kitty Pride
Banshee

Enemies:
Proteus/Mutant X

While named after themes, the sets aren't too strict about those themes. After all, they want people who might be, say, HULK fans, to buy some of this set as well. Though this set IS pretty X-streamlined...

Nightcrawler was just in Hammer of Thor (and Fantastic Forces), and Siryn (Banshee's daughter) is in here and he (Sean Cassidy) was featured in Armor Wars. Colossus has several figures, in Mutations and Monsters, Ultimates and Explosion. Kitty was also in Xplosion also, while Shadowcat was featured in the Sinister set.

Now Proteus, always a fan-favorite villain, has gone through some changes, despite being featured in an X-Men: Animated episode! The closest we have is Proteus/Morph (from Mutations and Monsters) that hails from the Marvel Universe after the Scarlet Witch remakes everything. Not sure how satisfying I find this Proteus, but he did cross over into another universe once before, by reanimating classic Star Trek antagonist, Gary Mitchell's body!

Like Ripley, I will just say, "Believe it, or not!"

actually, Nightcrawler was just in Web of Spider-man...he was NOT in Hammer of Thor. He was chosen by the 2008 World champion Ben Cheung as his figure to be made. I'm sure they felt that another Nightcrawler so soon would have been excessive (especially considering just how strong this one is) and fantastic forces was 5 years ago...I don't think that quite qualifies as "just" (he was also in the clobberin' time set)

i'm not a big Duo fan, but the first duo i wanted when they announced them was a wolvie/colossus fastball special duo. the dial and figure look great however.

and yes I'd say a lack of a Kitty Pryde (especially since we have a lockheed) is one of the biggest misses of the set....

and jeremiah, those are my X-men too...and I was super excited for Armor...if you haven't ever checked out The first 25 issues of Astonishing X-men it's very worth it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the correction, Brian! Though I wasn't suggesting FF "just" came out, as you can see by the parentheses.

Also, the duo Wolverine/Colossus looks TERRIFIC! I was never quite sure why Colossus never got a solid featuring in his original red-and-yellow uniform, but its sure good to see it now! And with Wolverine perched up on his shoulder! Great stuff.

Also, if anyone was worried about super-rare allocation or the quality of the large figures in the super-boosters, relax. The bricks I've heard word of had 3 SRs in each even though there are only 8 boosters and a super-booster. And the large figures are awesome! They chose really wisely with Nemesis, Apocalypse, Onslaught and the Sentinels all look terrific! I'm less excited about the Frost Giants, but I'm sure lots of people will love those guys, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Parker

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The common distribution has been wretched...in a case..No Cyclops or Tabitha or Mindless One...but 6 Pretty Boys? dang.....also about 3 of the rares were 1/2 figures...look a frozen gangster...but no Iceman....huh...wha?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MysteryMan_007_007 wrote:
The common distribution has been wretched...in a case..No Cyclops or Tabitha or Mindless One...but 6 Pretty Boys? dang.....also about 3 of the rares were 1/2 figures...look a frozen gangster...but no Iceman....huh...wha?

Ah, that sucks! My case was really good. I am missing only one rare, and I had no damaged figures (so far; I haven't inspected every dial). I have an extra Cyclops, if you want one. Geekmail me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenda Thorpe
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah they do look great...they were my number one want and i finally got them in a trade yesterday...(case and a half and no luck) but colossus seems WAY too orange...very tempted to repaint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Benwood
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been out of heroclix for a long time. If these are giant sized how big is the map you have to play on lol?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! Well, if you used ONLY the colossal figs, you would need a big map!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Benwood
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AM I missing something? Is this whole set colossal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarash wrote:
AM I missing something? Is this whole set colossal?

No, no. There are six colossal-sized figures; two sentinels, Onslaught, Apocalypse, Nemesis and frost giants from Asgard.

He was makin a joke about "Giant-Sized" X-Men. You are probably aware that the modern era of X-Men is considered to have begun with the publication (and later fame) of Marvel's Giant-Sized X-Men #1. The set was named after that comic, and followed a mutant theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Benwood
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, No I have not read any comics for a long time. I did get into the clix game for quite a while. From the infinity challenge set until a little after ultimates then quit playing.

All the rules changes and things that kept getting switched just turned me off. I know they were trying to balance the game, but trying to keep up with them all was a pain.

I did not like the feat cards they started to introduce to the game. We made a few mistakes when first starting the game as none of us had the internet at that time. We played that you could not do any superpowers through hindering terrain. No outwit, perplex, mind control etc. through hindering was quite different. It had a whole different feel when we played how it was supposed to be played. I think I actually liked how we played it at first better. I guess because we just got used to it.

A few questions. How much are boosters now and how many figures in them? I take it you can buy big and little boosters for this set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, Bryan, and I think people should enjoy the game the way y'all did. That is, playing it the way you feel works best for you and your group!
To the boosters; the regular boosters are $11.99 and have five figures in them. They consist of a mixture of common, uncommon and rare figures, and some have a super-rare or a chase figure in them. GSX had 3 or 4 per brick (for GSX, thats 8 boosters and a super-booster...more on this in a second).
The super-boosters were first intorduced in this set. They have a single colossal figure (one of two sentinels, a frost giant, Apocalypse, Nemesis, and Onslaught). There is much discussion about the "value" of super-boosters; they are $23.99, and contain one figure, though huge.
GSX also had 5 limited edition figures for the prize kit, and a "buy it by the brick" figure, Jamie Madrox. There were two objects also available in the prize kits (Gem of Cytorrak and Fin Fang Foom's finger--don't ask) amd a double-sided map.
Also, there are three more Horsemen of Apocalypse coming as prize support for the bigger tournaments and for the conventions.
Thats all I can think of, but feel free to ask away!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Benwood
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW, 11.99 for 5 guys. It used to be 6.99 for a pack of 4. Thats a big jump in price. I did pick up a Blackest Night starter a little while ago and the figures look nice. I am not sure if I want to jump back in at those prices tho.

I don't go to tournaments or conventions so the only way I could get the LE's was buy them second hand at marked up prices, which I have never done. I don't mind spending a one lump sum on alot of figures but with these type of games you keep buying boosters and its a big money drain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenda Thorpe
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarash wrote:
WOW, 11.99 for 5 guys. It used to be 6.99 for a pack of 4. Thats a big jump in price. I did pick up a Blackest Night starter a little while ago and the figures look nice. I am not sure if I want to jump back in at those prices tho.

I don't go to tournaments or conventions so the only way I could get the LE's was buy them second hand at marked up prices, which I have never done. I don't mind spending a one lump sum on alot of figures but with these type of games you keep buying boosters and its a big money drain.

actually it used to be 7.99 for 4...2 bucks per fig...now its 2.20 per fig, so it's not THAT big a difference.

of course if you look at the rarity schemes that extra 1 common isn't generally that valuable.

if price worries you, you can generally pick up CUR (common, uncommon, rare) lots for any given set off of Ebay for fairly reasonable prices. that's most of a set for pretty cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Bluebeard said; its been $10-12 for boosters for quite a while now. When you also consider they are plastic, which continues its climb in price, the relative cost increase is probably slower than the inflation rate. (Someone smarter than me would haveta work all that out).

And the LEs have never really been all that necessary to HAVE. In this set, they happen to be distinct characters for the Convention figs, but all the GSX-specific LEs are just variants of figures from the set, once again. Cable, Deadpool, Karima, Psylocke and Archangel. A) they are characters from the set and B) four of them have existing figures from other sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Benwood
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where I used to buy them from they were 6.99, but I guess I was lucky. If I started playing again I would probally go the route of getting the common uncommon rare sets.

I noticed the newer sets do not have a rookie, experienced, or vet version. Do they have a card for the different versions now or did they just do away with it? I noticed with the Blackest Night set I picked up that there is no color rings now only cards with each figure. Also, no cards have an exp or vet version. I do like that. It looks like you don't have to worry about picking up 3 of the same figure now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Dew
United States
Hinesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarash wrote:
I noticed the newer sets do not have a rookie, experienced, or vet version. Do they have a card for the different versions now or did they just do away with it? I noticed with the Blackest Night set I picked up that there is no color rings now only cards with each figure. Also, no cards have an exp or vet version. I do like that. It looks like you don't have to worry about picking up 3 of the same figure now.

Right. The emphasis is on a wider variety of figures. So the "REV" sets of today are "CUR" sets, or common, uncommon and rare sets. The super-rares of today are the closest to the Uniques of old. The cards do show some experience levels, REV style, based on their background.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.