kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are obvious reasons against releasing a quality digital copy of the WOTR map. So try to argue only the merits of why this idea is good for the popularity of WOTR, and keep the arguments against it in place to support the arguments for. I hope this thread can be a rallying cry to the publishers to give us a digital file that can be used for printing at an online banner printing shop. These shops can print up to 8 feet wide and as long as you want. Some shops do lesser sizes and the prices are competitive among these numerous online vendors. There are many materials they will print to from canvas to polypropylene in matte and gloss. This ability would add a huge touch to the game for those that would enjoy putting several utility tables together for a monster map. Also work for those with 4' wide tables etc.

If we can gain the publishers attention with enough people wanting this, then we could hope for a digital map at double the size of the CE map and with that you could have the flexibility to print a banner size map with color brilliance and sharpness. A double size digital map would give you the ability to size your map to your biggest table!

I would be more than willing to pay for a digital map from the publishers and i think they should charge if they accept this proposal and i would even sign (or check box) an agreement if the publisher thinks it is to their advantage upon downloading.

Give it a thumb/vote/comment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another possibility is the release of the digital to an online printer and sales only through this outlet - giving the publisher more control of the property and the buyer can still get it sized to their needs through the printers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.