Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone here own the Hobby Japan edition of Ogre? Would love to see some photos of this edition of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
robot That would certainly be nice of anyone to provide some, while if they're within JAPAN and currently 'preoccupied' with their ongoing catastrophe there, it's understandable if these sort out that MESS prior with providing whatever upon the matter. Let's NOT "B" misinterpreted as uncaring, self-interested, loutouche "Wargamers"-even if ANY of us WERE actually-while yet another unaffected 'being' might be of assistances instead?
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, what he said...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Yeah, what he said...

I think he means that it's a bit morbid to ask about pictures of an Ogre edition which is related to Japan (in this case a Japan publisher), while people suffer there. Don't cast a slur at Wargamers (if Ogre players the persons in question can be considered wargamers). Just act with more sensitiveness. Can we help out with other pictures instead?

I hope I interpreted this correctly with my non-native english.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Corcoran
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still - anyone got pics of the Japanese edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please not that he didn't ask anyone IN JAPAN to send a picture. You don't have to be in Japan to own something Japanese.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swandive78 wrote:
Please not that he didn't ask anyone IN JAPAN to send a picture. You don't have to be in Japan to own something Japanese.

Yes, of course. But it can be misinterpreted as bad joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
tons of holier-than-thou stances here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Miller
United States
Mishawaka
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The guy just asked for some pictures of a game. That's it.

How does any of this have to do with anything regarding the current crisis in Japan? At all? It wasn't meant to be a bad joke. It wasn't meant to be insensitive. It wasn't meant to make light of a tragedy.

Help him our or leave him the fuck alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carthaginian wrote:
tons of holier-than-thou stances here.

Nah! Gonzo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like people are going out of their way to be offended here. Since today's the ides of March, does that mean it's offensive to play Ave Caesar? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm offended that everyone is offended...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short to be angry all the time. Smile and enjoy the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I'm offended that everyone is offended...

racist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maelic001 wrote:
Sounds like people are going out of their way to be offended here. Since today's the ides of March, does that mean it's offensive to play Ave Caesar? shake

The only people offended here (besides ScottE: He is offended that everyone is offended) are the ones who want their Hoppy Japan Ogre Edition pictures but don't get it.
But sorry, it's nobodys fault. Act of nature beyond control.
As the Hoppy Japan Ogre Edition was produced and sold in...Japan?...it is highly probable that japanese people could have some pictures of those editions. But they are just a bit distracted at the moment.
So, wait till thinks calm down, then you maybe have a better chance to get some pictures.
And that's all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Miller
United States
Mishawaka
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
konsum24 wrote:
The only people offended here (besides ScottE: He is offended that everyone is offended; which indicates that he has racial tendencies) are the ones who want their Hoppy Japan Ogre Edition pictures but don't get it.

No, the offense taken isn't over some pictures. I can't even believe I need to explain this.

It's over the accusations being levied at the OP. Again, it's painfully obvious that he wasn't trying to make light of or disrespect the crisis currently happening in Japan.

Also, because it's getting real hard to tell what you mean, are you seriously accusing someone of racism or just joking about it?

Actually, just go ahead and tell me everything I'm responding to is a joke, and the tone of the thread is keeping me from seeing it. I'll feel a lot better if that's the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed with my
Doc Robot wrote:
fucking keyboard
and
Doc Robot wrote:
face

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin McCleary
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the FWIW category: there was a post by Steve Jackson on Consim that later this year he will produce a limited run of a monster sized version of Ogre along with the expansions. Hexes are supposed to be 1.5 inches across. It will sell for around 100 bucks. Long time since I owned or played the game but this might be fun to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only found this link to an yahoo auction site with many old wargame titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A day later, and I'm amazed at the response to this simple request, but that is BGG for you...

Do I even have to state this? I meant no disrespect regarding the current disaster and suffering in Japan.

In light of the recent SJ Games announcement of the upcoming OGRE 6e release, I noticed that there was a Hobby Japan edition of OGRE listed on the SJ Games website and no photos of a HJ edition of OGRE on BGG. Perhaps other OGRE fans would also appreciate a few photos of an obscure edition of OGRE (with original box cover art)? Hence my request... simple no? That's it. No disrespect of any kind or sinister overtones intended. At least the majority of the posters in this thread picked up on the obvious.

Here is the blurb from SJ Games:

http://sjgames.com/ogre/resources/ludo.html

Ogre (Japanese edition)
Hobby Japan, 1988. All rules in Japanese. 4" x 7" color box with original cover art, full-color map, black and white counters (redrawn), a small d6, and a rulebook. Print run unknown.

What is sad is the handful of pompous, self-righteous BGG users who evidently, spend their days policing the website, and take offence when none was intended. Shove off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about everyone else but I was only joking. Seriously, no offense or anything was intended.

If I could, I'd delete my messages, but they've already been quoted by others. Again, there was no malicious intent of my messages at all. Just poking fun at Robert Wesley's unusual posting method that is frequently difficult to interpret. Sadly it didn't go over well and I hope I didn't just confuse and upset so many people. Really, please take my apology as it is meant, I'm not racist, or uncaring of the plight of Japan. And wish I could just delete this whole article and start over.

I'd love to see images myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry Scott, I think your posts came off as "tongue-in-cheek," as you probably intended. It was others that thought any mention of Japan in general right now to be "morbid" or a "bad joke," that I found to be questionable.

Back to the original topic, according to the ludography at SJ Games(http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/resources/ludo.html), it had a "4" x 7" color box with original cover art, full-color map, [and] black and white counters (redrawn)".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Matt.

I'm curious what they mean by redrawn? Wonder if they were using the color images that were in the deluxe Ogre edition. I used to own that edition but stupidly sold it years ago. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maelic001 wrote:
It was others that thought any mention of Japan in general right now to be "morbid" or a "bad joke," that I found to be questionable.

Please note: Not my thoughts or opinion actually, just some impressions or observations.
My unreserved apologies to anyone being negative affected or offended by my observations.
This is not meant to be as "tongue-in-cheek" or ironical!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mb
LordHellfury wrote:
Less off topic bullshit and more Hobby Japan version of OGRE photos.

More? We haven't even seen one !!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally my google search-fu is pretty good, but this one is a hard nut.

I've only found this homepage from a japanese Ogre fan.

Here's a picture (pretty small, hard to identify some details):

Interesting is the box in the lower left, with the red logo and the components on the right.
This could be the japanese edition? I've never seen this cover before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.