Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game details listing page above says 1 -2 players, but the GMT page says this is a two player game. Are there solitaire rules included with No Retreat: The Russian Front or are you just playing both sides in a 1 player game?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
j3rm wrote:
This game details listing page above says 1 -2 players, but the GMT page says this is a two player game. Are there solitaire rules included with No Retreat: The Russian Front or are you just playing both sides in a 1 player game?

Thanks in advance.

Victory Point Games (the original publisher of No Retreat!) has the solitaire module available. It is fully compatible with the new, deluxe, GMT version of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
scoutmom wrote:
j3rm wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Victory Point Games (the original publisher of No Retreat!) has the solitaire module available. It is fully compatible with the new, deluxe, GMT version of the game.

Yes and the GMT version will also include the Solitaire module counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Definitely going for the pre-order then... thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Secor

Newnan
Georgia
msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
out to lunch wrote:
So let me get this straight. If I want to play No Retreat Deluxe edition solitaire, do I still need to get the additional module from VPG or will I be able to do it straight out of the box?

The solitaire module was designed AFTER the GMT deluxe version of the game was finished.

So the initial plan was to offer it in a GMT C3i magazine issue.

Since I had some available counter space, I was able to put in the solitaire counters in the Game as a bonus. BUT it was too late for the charts, event cards and rules.

You'll probably have 3 choices when you get the game:

- Purchase the inexpensive VPG module.

- Wait until it's available in a future C3i issue (a bit like what was done for the "Here I Stand" two-player module).

- Download it for free and print it (details for that one later).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
out to lunch wrote:
So let me get this straight. If I want to play No Retreat Deluxe edition solitaire, do I still need to get the additional module from VPG or will I be able to do it straight out of the box?

The solitaire module was designed AFTER the GMT deluxe version of the game was finished.

So the initial plan was to offer it in a GMT C3i magazine issue.

Since I had some available counter space, I was able to put in the solitaire counters in the Game as a bonus. BUT it was too late for the charts, event cards and rules.

You'll probably have 3 choices when you get the game:

- Purchase the inexpensive VPG module.

- Wait until it's available in a future C3i issue (a bit like what was done for the "Here I Stand" two-player module).

- Download it for free and print it (details for that one later).

My inexpensive VPG module is sitting here waiting for my deluxe GMT version to show up. Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.