Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was skimming through the rules again to check something unrelated, when I realized that the rules seem to imply that the players can choose any of the starting tiles for their initial city placement. Do you play this way?

So far, we have randomly set up the tiles, then players simply placed their city in the tile directly in front of them.

I suppose we could start allowing players to choose any of the starting positions, then change our seating to be in front of that particular tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bazynski
Poland
warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize the existence of the rule, but as we were too inexperienced when we played to realize the significance of the chosen tile everybody just picked the closest one :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
We use this rule from the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry
United States
carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think for practical purposes it makes sense to use the one in front of you most of the time. You're going to be putting a lot of counters on the board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martins Livens
Latvia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can change your seat.

carlsbad wrote:
I think for practical purposes it makes sense to use the one in front of you most of the time. You're going to be putting a lot of counters on the board...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marliv wrote:
You can change your seat.

carlsbad wrote:

We usually randomize turn order and then in reverse turn order pick starting tile for city placement, and then select seating based on that. Unlike most games, it seems like Antiquity benefits from waiting to choose your seat until the game is underway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.