Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

There will be a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers this **Thursday**, the 17th of March 2011 (wear Green!). The start time for the session is 6:30 PM till 10pm.

I will bring our (the club's) copy of Automobile plus my usual trunk of games.

Feel free to use the forum to discuss what to play!

Note that we will be sharing the building with the darts league; they are in the Hall on the other side of the building (same as where toastmasters are on Monday). The bar will be open in the Hall. There is no food except munchies, so you may still pack a sandwich if you want.

Our meetings are posted on meetup; check out http://meetup.gamesforall.ca/

The Kanata Legion is at 70 Hines Road (please check the directions which follow because there are two Legions in Kanata!). There is parking outside. Note that we are in the lounge which is on the right as you enter.

Since the legion is opening their doors to us, asking donations only, I will be collecting a tooney from each person. Half will become a donation to the legion and half will go into a boardgame library fund. The war chest stands at $2 and the library stands at 1 game. Also, note that the the legion will not be providing food or drink but does permit us to bring our own, provided we keep things tidy.

Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! If you decide to become a member it only costs $5 and entitles you to discount cards at select local games stores.

Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Toys on Fire, and Comic Book Shoppe), let me know & I'll have them made up. 100% of the $5 fee goes to Can Games to support kids games and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them.

Please add to this thread with your suggestions of what to play.

Hope to see you then!

Directions to the Kanata Legion (from the East):

1. Take Queensway/417 to MARCH/MARCH RD. exit, EXIT 138, toward CH. EAGLESON/EAGLESON RD./KANATA. 600m
2. Take the MARCH ROAD NORTH ramp. 300m
3. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto MARCH RD/CHEMIN MARCH/RR-49 N. 3km
4. Turn LEFT onto SOLANDT RD. 200m (by the Esso)
5. Turn RIGHT onto HINES RD. 800m
6. 70 HINES RD is on the RIGHT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Kirsch
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Won't make it to the Legion this week.
Will see you guys next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Leduc
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is your legion not having a St. Patrick's Day party?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Al,

I have confirmed with the Legion that there is nothing special for the 17th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While everyone else was out for St. Patrick's day, we managed a game of Giants. It's all about carving giant stone heads on Easter Island (because there is no St. Patrick's Island board game yet) and moving them out to the edge of the Island. For extra points you deck them out in hats. It was fun and at times surprisingly cut-throat.

See you in 14 days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.