Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not get the example in the upper left on page 11. From the previous example, it sounds like you cannot shoot on a diagonal if blocking obstacles are touched on both the left and the right.

But then the next example seems to blow that concept out. I know why A1 can shoot to B1. It is a perfect diagonal only skimming a blocking obstacle on one side. Shooting from A1 to all other Bs goes right through the blocking obstacle so that doesn't work. OK.

Shooting from A2 to B1 skims one blocking obstacle, so that's OK. But why can you shoot from A2 to B2???? And then not B3 and B4?

Similarly, why can you shoot from A3 to B1, B2 and B3? Don't the lines all go through a blocking unit?

Confused ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

I am looking at this: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/dust-tactics/s...

Is the picture you are describing on the top right of page 11? I think that is the one.

If you hold the side of a piece of paper (or a string) so it connects the center dot of A2 and B2, then you will see it barely touches the corner of the concrete block... the same way it barely touches the corner from A1 to B1.

If you try to make the same line between A2 and B3 (or B4), then it will go straight through the concrete block... not just touch that corner.

What is the blocking unit you mention? The A1 through B4 are just coordinates for an example. They aren't four different units in a fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
cookinjr is correct , its really a chart that shows based on the dot to dot LOS method , what dots can see each other .

the example on page 11 is not 100% realistic , since the dots CAN see each other , rather its a game mechanic to level the playing field and insert a simplified idea to rep the grid system interaction .

and thanks to the simplicity of the system , is the only chart/diagram you should really need to remember or memorize .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.