Subject: Mounted Board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bret Johnson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't suppose the board will be mounted? Please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From a company that has not done any mounted boards, on a product that is under half of its preorder number currently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Mahaffey's maps look super-sweet when they're unmounted -- you may want to consider both sides of the coin. When I got Warriors of God with an unmounted map I was disappointed, then I opened it up on the table.

Mahaffey is also knocking around doing his maps on cloth and in other mediums, so you may consider a nice upgrade if the game works out for you.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I appreciate the enquiry, Bret. It is unlikely that it will be mounted ... but who knows stranger things have happened. I really didn't expect Leaping Lemmings to go that route, but it did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Johnson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell, I'm in for it either way. You had me at "political".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Bret, Michel (the developer of the VASSAL version) and I are winding down a fantastic playtest of LW. I'll go into more detail when we've played the final year suffice it to say, we're been having a blast. Tense game, that has seesawed back and forth. For much of the time Missouri remained in the hands of the rebels as Price and Forrest rolled over weak Union concentrations. Even St. Louis and Columbus were briefly under the Stars and Bars.

Spring of '63 was particularly disastrous for the south. Rebel fortunes declined due to a spirited push in the West which retook many confederate gaims. President Davis saw an upswing in union blockade fleets and had to grapple with more than his share of seditious characters. BUT, summer of the same year saw an amazing series of reversals beginning with highly successful commerce raiding that cost the Union dearly and land campaigns that rocked Mr. Lincoln back on his heels and very nearly stole an early victory.

Lincoln's War is shaping up nicely, thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.