Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb

Was trying the official co-op rules described in Wrath of the Elements and have a question:

Decided to include a Guardian from Dragonspire and had this situation:
The Guardian reached Rank Zero. Later I slayed the monster.

Since I slayed the monster, do I get the points for this monster at the end of the game as usual or since it reached Rank Zero is it already considered "In the Village"?

Had the game ended with the Guardian still present, would the monsters score for this?

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the rules are kind of vague there if i recall.

i play that the guardian in rank 0 does not advance to village - it stays there to guard until defeated or end of game.
if defeated you add to deck as normal - its kind of like its out of the dungeon but hanging out close by to guard the entrance.
if not defeated at end of game it counts against you in VP

just played a solo game with 2 guardians. defeated a big guy. then trap, treasure, guardian, guardian, thunderstone, game over. lol i counted the guardians & thunderstones against me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your answer. Seems like a balanced way to play the Guardians.

As to the Thunderstones, I was playing that if I did not get the Thunderstone then the monsters did not score for it either but your way is more balanced.
Don't remember this rule being covered either but I may have missed it.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.