Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This rule has me confused. First they say,

"When a player places a house, he may, in addition, take one embassy (...) and place it beneath the house"

So, this leads me to believe that you slide the Embassy counter under the house you're playing. I assume the color of the Embassy is your team color (the board doesn't have a blue, but the sample JPGs show blue embassies)

That means the house you played (your team color) has to be the same as the Embassy (also your team color)...

...which is why the following confuses me:

"The embassy must be in a different color than the house"

But if both the embassy and house belong to the same player, how can they be different colors? Ack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sightreader wrote:
This rule has me confused. First they say,

"When a player places a house, he may, in addition, take one embassy (...) and place it beneath the house"

So, this leads me to believe that you slide the Embassy counter under the house you're playing. I assume the color of the Embassy is your team color (the board doesn't have a blue, but the sample JPGs show blue embassies)

That means the house you played (your team color) has to be the same as the Embassy (also your team color)...

...which is why the following confuses me:

"The embassy must be in a different color than the house"

But if both the embassy and house belong to the same player, how can they be different colors? Ack!

The embassy has to be someone else's color. Then you will score for their stuff. It is like a "foreign" embassy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sightreader wrote:
I assume the color of the Embassy is your team color.

No. The house you play must be in your color but not the embassy placed under it. You choose the embassy from the embassy tile supply near the game board. You cannot choose an embassy in your color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ABACUSSPIELE wrote:
No. The house you play must be in your color but not the embassy placed under it. You choose the embassy from the embassy tile supply near the game board. You cannot choose an embassy in your color.

Hmmm... so now you're playing someone else's embassy for them? Basically, you're siphoning their score from them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sightreader wrote:
Hmmm... so now you're playing someone else's embassy for them? Basically, you're siphoning their score from them?

Yes, you are playing an embassy in a color of a different player. You are benefitting from that player's score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ABACUSSPIELE wrote:
Yes, you are playing an embassy in a color of a different player. You are benefitting from that player's score.

Yay! More score stealing! That way, if you've been neglecting an aspect of development, you can just steal the other guy's hard work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
sightreader wrote:
ABACUSSPIELE wrote:

Yay! More score stealing! That way, if you've been neglecting an aspect of development, you can just steal the other guy's hard work.

Well, you're not really stealing their score. Per the rules included with the promo, at the end of the game you get a point per piece in the region matching the color of the embassy you placed in that region.

So, if the blue player places 6 pieces in a region, placing a blue embassy in that region scores you 6 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sight Reader
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Well, you're not really stealing their score.

True. Like the rest of this game, it's all about "mooching", although embassies sound even more parasitic than the other mechanisms!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Ferrari
Italy
Bagnolo Cremasco
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looking at the pictures here, it seems there are 2 embassies per color... so is it possible that the same player has 2 embassies of the same color under 2 of his houses? in that case, does he double the points for that province?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
af7hqs wrote:
looking at the pictures here, it seems there are 2 embassies per color... so is it possible that the same player has 2 embassies of the same color under 2 of his houses? in that case, does he double the points for that province?

The player gets the points for each embassy, in case he got 5 points for a red embassy in that province he would get another 5 points if he also had the 2nd red embassy under another house in that province.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.