Geir Erik Ø
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Geeks!
badge
Hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
My son (4years old) recently got some NinjaGo sets. I actually found the game pretty good for a Kid hype game. Many of these are almost unplayable (Bakugan I’m looking at you) but this is easy and fast. There is no tactic, and it is mostly totally random. But that makes an even game for son and father.

What is great with the game is that it is LEGO. This means you can add from your LEGO collection to expand the game. That was what I did. I added 20 minifigures to the original 4 NinjaGo figures for a total of 24 men. The goal was to play 24 games to see who the undefeated master of Spinjuitzu becomes. I also made a contest where people could bet on the fighters. Unofficial Ninjago contest. Win GG!!!!

Note that I didn’t use any of the NinjaGo cards.

This is the fighters I used. The number before the slash is the number of betters who belives this fighter will win. The second number is the amount of gold the winners will get if that fighter wins.

1 Mechanic with monkey wrench 4/12,5
2 Bonezai with Bone Axe 4/ 12,5
3 Bonezai with Scythe and armor. 3/16,67
4 Kai with Katana 2/ 25
5 Kai with double-bladed dagger 5/10

6 Captain Brickbeard with cutlass. 3/ 16,67
7 Darth Vader with lightsaber 6/8,33
8 Mexican with Maracas 4/ 12,5
9 Man with electric saw 3/ 16,67
10 Black skeleton with flail and shield. 2/ 25
11 Fireman with axe 3/ 16,67

12 Police officer with sign. 3/ 16,67
13 Kings soldier with halberd 7/7,14
14 Lion soldier with spear 2/ 25
15 King with longsword. 3/ 16,67
16 Witch with broom 4/ 12,5
17 Chef with loaf and sausage 5/10

18 Troll with scimitar 3/ 16,67
19 Knight with broadsword and shield. 3/ 16,67
20 Farmer with broom 4/ 12,5
21 Wizard with wand. 2/25
22 Falcon soldier with Poleaxe. 1/50
23 Dwarf with pickaxe 8/6,25
24 Construction worker with shovel 5/10

The huge favorite is the Dwarf. I guess the low compact body is the trait the betters are judging. The next two are the soldier with the halberd as I guess the halberd will get the highest force on the punch. Darth Vader gets as many votes as the soldier but for sentimental reasons.
Only one better believes in the Falcon Soldier with poleaxe.

I picked the fights randomly, and the winner of each fight went on to the next round. I would spin both spinners most of the times. But my son helped me as long as he wasn’t distracted by the morning cartoons.

Round 1

MAN WITH ELECTRIC SAW vs WIZARD WITH WAND!

Both fighters are spinning fast. The wizard is drawing closer with his magic tricks, but the man with electric saw is faster. THE WIZARD IS DOWN!

DARTH VADER WITH LIGHTSABER vs. BONEZAI WITH BONE AXE!

The crowd cheers as Dart Vader enters the arena. But can he beat the experienced Bonezai? They start spinning AND THE SITH LORD IS DOWN! The crowds are booing.

BLACK SKELETON WITH FLAIL AND SHIELD VS KING’S SOLDIER WITH HALBERD!

This is a problematic match. The skeletons feet are too small for the spinner to get a grip. The halberd is so long that the momentum is throwing him right off. After several tries I finally gets get them spinning somehow. And the skeleton is down first.

FIREMAN WITH AXE vs. TROLL WITH SCIMITAR!

The Fireman goes quickly against the troll. It is a bitter fight but then THE TROLL IS DOWN! The fireman lifts his axe in salute to the fans.

WITCH WITH BROOM vs. KNIGHT WITH BROARDSWORD, ARMOUR AND SHIELD!

The Witch and the Knight have met before outside the NinjaGo arena. So it is two sworn enemies that meet. They both start spinning the witch hits first and the KNIGHT IS KNOCKED OFF THE FIELD! IT MUST BE MAGIC!

MECHANIC WITH MONKEYWRENCH vs. FARMER WITH BROOM!

Another broom fight. The match is even but the farmer is THROWN OF THE ARENA. THE MECHANIC STRUGGLES TO KEEP HIS FEET FALLS. The farmer fell first so it is a win for the mechanic.

KING WITH LONGSWORD vs. CHEF WITH LOAF AND SAUSAGE!

The chef have many fans who cheers as she enters the field. The fight starts and they both seem to have trouble. THE KING GOES DOWN FIRST BUT THE CHEF FOLLOWS AND FALLS OFF THE FIELD. A win to the chef.

DWARF WITH PICKAXE vs. FALCON SOLDIER WITH POLEAXE!

The crow is going crazy as today’s favorite is entering the scene. The Dwarf salutes the crowd. The falcon soldier will gain his supporters most gold so it is an exciting match. Both go out hard but the falcon soldier is hardest THE DWARF IS DOWN. The crowd goes crazy “it is a fraud “they scream “Let’s take the referee”

BONEZAI WITH ARMOUR AND SCYTHE vs. KAI WITH KATANA

A classic fight. Both original NinjaGo fighters. They both go spinning. And KAI IS DOWN!

POLICE OFFICER vs. MEXICAN WITH MARACAS

The Police and the Mexican is tumbling together. And the POLICE IS DOWN. The Mexican is playing a mean rhythm on the maracas.

LION SOLDIER WITH SPEAR vs. CONSTRUCTION WORKER

Both fighters are getting a good spin, but THE LION WARRIOR IS KNOCKED OF THE FIELD!

CAPTAIN BRICKBEARD WITH CUTLASS vs. KAI WITH DOUBLE-BLADED DAGGER

AAARH! The Captain and the second Kai are both thirsty for success. But the KAI FALL. A great day for piratedom.

Round 2
MAN WITH ELECTRIC SAW vs BONEZAI WITH BONE AXE!
Saw against Undead. There can be only one result. BONZAI IS OUT OF THE COMETITION. Shame is brought on the NinjaGo figures.

KING’S SOLDIER WITH HALBERD vs. FIREMAN WITH AXE!
The soldier hits first with his halberd but the fireman stand on his feet and THE SOLDIER HIMSELF IS KNOCKED TO THE GROUND!

WITCH WITH BROOM vs. MECHANIC WITH MONKEYWRENCH

They both get a good start but the mechanic can handle his tool. The WITCH IS DOWN!

CHEF WITH LOAF AND SAUSAGE vs. FALCON SOLDIER WITH POLEAXE!

The Chef is starting with a good spin knocking against the falcon soldier. HE IS DOWN! The crow applauds widely.

CONSTRUCTION WORKER vs. CAPTAIN BRICKBEARD WITH CUTLASS

The Captain is thirsty for more, and goes quickly against his foe, and THE CONSTRUCTION WORKER IS OF THE FIELD!

BONEZAI WITH ARMOUR AND SCYTHE vs. MEXICAN WITH MARACAS

Can Bonezai restore the honor. He goes for a quick settlement but BONEZAY GOES DOWN. THE MEXICAN WOOOOOON!

Round 3
MAN WITH ELECTRIC SAW vs. FIREMAN WITH AXE!

Both men enters the arena looking at each other. They both know they can go to the final with a quick move. The both start spinning and is moving toward each other. They are closer….Closer….THE FIREMAN IS DOWN!

MECHANIC WITH MONKEYWRENCH vs. CHEF WITH LOAF AND SAUSAGE
A man in a garage and a woman in a kitchen. The classic battle of the sexes. No one wants to loose this! The spin. Both get closer….. The chef is a little bit faster and the MECHANIC IS DOWN!!! All the females in the crow cheers!

MEXICAN WITH MARACAS vs. CAPTAIN BRICKBEARD WITH CUTLASS

The Mexican and the Captain enters. They raise their weapons and starts spinning. The crow is loud. You can almost touch the excitement. The cutlass hits the Mexican BUT IT IS BRICKBEARD THAT FALLS!!!!

Sorry but this picture apparently wasn't taken.

Final
MAN WITH ELECTRIC SAW vs. MEXICAN WITH MARACAS

The first Final match. The ma with the saw is entering the arena with the saw way up high. The Mexican is shaking the maracas in a hypnotic rhythm. The audience is crazy.....The foes look at each other to see if they can find any weak spots, then the Tornadoes begin. Fist time... They spin for a long time, no one seem to be able to hit. Then another try and another. The weapons are just too short! Both are turned forwards, they spin again. The audience is silent. THE MAN WITH THE SAW FALLS, HE IS DOWN!

CHEF WITH LOAF AND SAUSAGE vs. MAN WITH ELECTRIC SAW

Can the man with the saw rise and take on the chef? He steps up on the spinner. He shall never lose again. The chef is taking a harder grip on both the loaf and the sausage. She got longer weapons, is that an advantage for her or a disadvantage? She must start thinking and they both start thir whirlwind of destruction. The clash together and THE CHEF IS STILL STANDING, THE MAN WITH THE SAW IS DOWN AGAIN!

MEXICAN WITH MARACAS vs. CHEF WITH LOAF AND SAUSAGE

There is no way back. This match have to decide it. It is a true final. The Mexican pulls his sombrero down, and the chef is fixing her jacket. They both judge each other. Taco or hotdog? Man or Woman? They both start to spin. The sound of the maracas is head in the otherwise silent room. Then a bang! THE CHEF IS DOWN, THE MEXICAN IS STANDING! THE CROWD IS IN ECTAZY. LOOK HOW HAPPY HE IS, LOOK! HE WAVES WITH THE SOMBRERO. CONGRATULATION!

Congratulations to those who voted for the Mexican 12,5 gold is sent to you. I also want to thank all others for joining. I’m glad to see that someone recognized and got nostalgic to some of the older figures, and all the contributions for the pot.

The winners are:

United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb

Russell Shepherd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
APES
mbmbmbmbmb

EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb

Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Conclutions:
The game is random, and there is not much tactics. Even if so few games don't prove, anything it seems like shorter weapons are better than longer. To be honest the Mexican didn't hit any figure in the whole tournament. The opponent hit him and fell as a result of their own force. I think dwarf with Maracas would be a good selection. Or what about bringing maracas to a NinjaGo tournament if they exist?

• [+] Dice rolls
Thomas H
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the tournament and congratulations to the winners!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geir Erik Ø
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Geeks!
badge
Hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
What are you, like 80?
badge
It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage.
mbmbmbmbmb
Noooooo, Chainsaw Man was doing so well! cry cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Gadgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing! The Mexican with the maracas must be an aikido master.
I'm proud of him, but honestly didn't expect him to have such extraordinary skill. Who could tell what lay hidden under that sombrero

Thanks for staging the tournament
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aradraug
Czech Republic
Novy Jicin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you very much for this tournament.

And it seems that dark side of the Force is not as strong as it is said to be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Shepherd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
APES
mbmbmbmbmb
The best strategy is to always bet on a man in a sombrero.

Thanks a lot! The writeup was fun to read and its alway nice to get a little extra
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Martis
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How silly!
Psh!

(Crys because the chef didn't win and I picked the chef.)
/pout

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
¡Ay, caramba! The Mexican was my second choice!!

Well, at least I didn't embarrass myself and pick the one character that had no chance to win. (Which one was that, by the way?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dany Majard
France
arcis le ponsart
Marne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhhh Maannnnnnn......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
You have no hope against the 6 Million Peso Man!

Thank you, and your recap of the matches was hilarious to read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Chen
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
This looks tasty...
badge
Yuck!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the picture of Pancho Maracas lording his victory over the police officer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geir Erik Ø
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Geeks!
badge
Hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
kinseysdad wrote:
¡Ay, caramba! The Mexican was my second choice!!

Well, at least I didn't embarrass myself and pick the one character that had no chance to win. (Which one was that, by the way?)

It was the black skeleton who wasn't locked on the spinner because of to small feet. You'll notice that the NinjaGo skeletons have boots who keep them in place.

The soldier with halberd was also almost impossible to spin without it falling off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
apes wrote:
The best strategy is to always bet on a man in a sombrero.

VIVA MEXICO!!!

This was the best subscription surprise ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick PA
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man did my heart start pumping when i saw my favourite chef with loaf was heading towards the finals! Very exciting match! Great thing you got going there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith W
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This contest was a lot of fun and I thank you for running it. I love the pictures from each match up! The only thing I would have liked more would be a video of the finals, but still a great job overall. Congrats to all of the winners!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geir Erik Ø
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
Geeks!
badge
Hello!
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to thank for all the kind word. It have been fun running this competition and making the session.

Video of the final was a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted a review of this game and determined it was just a silly distraction, the main enjoyment of which would be picking up all your odd mini-figs and making them fight to the death. Your contest proved the point fantastically.

Chef with sausage was hilarious! Bravo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
I just posted a review of this game and determined it was just a silly distraction, the main enjoyment of which would be picking up all your odd mini-figs and making them fight to the death. Your contest proved the point fantastically.

Chef with sausage was hilarious! Bravo.

Not trying to usurp the thread, but did want to mention a LEGO game I'm working on that will allow just what you've described-- "picking up all your odd mini-figs and making them fight to the death"-- but with a more strategic twist (ie, no spinny-thing).

See progress at my blog: BattleBrik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.