Eamon Bloomfield
Germany
23569 L├╝beck
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has cropped up because I have non-published information about a game and it belongs on the Designer's pages. But there are two Designers and the piece relates to both of them. So, is it BGG etiquette to post twice with the same bit of information?

Also, on this theme, I have written a few reviews of games linked to gether. Two I can remember were a) about a series of children's games - released together in exactly the same size boxes, and b) a look at wargames of the same period. Both mentioned 4 titles and each title was reviewed. Can I post the reviews on every game mentioned?

Hope you have some advice, and thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just my opinion, but I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you state that it is re-posted in each thread.

I don't have a problem with that sort of thing. But, to be honest, I'm not sure how other people in the community feel about it. I tend to be pretty laid back, so it will be interesting to see if anyone else chimes in.

I could see some grumbling that you are making a geekgold grab if you post the same review several times. So, perhaps it's something you shouldn't do with posts that receive geekgold?

Again, I hope someone else gives their opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I think in the first example it makes perfect sense to post twice.

The second issue demonstrates a slight problem which Scott Nicholson has mentioned before, contributions that look at multiple games do not fit into the BGG structural system. Therefore without multiple posting these are likely to be lost; unless you can break it down into individual game reviews.

For me I think double posting, while undesirable, is fair enough. Although depending on the size of the piece, I think you should only ask for GG once...

For full disclosure I should say I did post comedian Frank Skinner talking about pandemic under both the game and general once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
There is no specific rule for determining when cross-posting is appropriate or not. It mainly depends on context.

The first example sounds fine, loopoocat. For the second I would suggest splitting the text into separate reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.