12 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Board issues. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sorry if this has already been posted but as I received my copy a few days ago (happy..so, so happy) I thought I would pass on what I did with my boards. After punching them out I immediately did the heavy book scenario. Didn't even bother to admire the artwork, just slammed large, coffee-table books on them. It has workd a treat, no sign of any warping after two days. I know this doesn't help those of you that have already purchased the game but thanks to this site, my boards are warpless. My only problem was a broken Winthrop but have requested another ad hopefully FFG will comply. Love the way it all looks and can't wait to play my first game. Will probably write a review when I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cowles
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the note - I intended to do the same when I get my copy - glad to know beforehand that it's likely to work
Mind you, I see you're in the UK, so I guess the dry sunny climate probably helped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add that i've opened 2 copies now and neither has shown the slightest sign of warping tiles with no need to press them at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Help me to help you! Help me to help you!
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if some people do still have warping, the sheer number of "mine's not warping" messages (including my own) indicates that this is turning out to be a non-issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Herring
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
WrongWrongWrong wrote:
Even if some people do still have warping, the sheer number of "mine's not warping" messages (including my own) indicates that this is turning out to be a non-issue.

I agree. This is nothing like the issue with tile warping that Betrayal on House on the Hill had.I did nothing after punching out my MoM boards in regards to this issue and there is no warping at all.

I have seen a few other copies and they appeared to not have any warping either. Thankfully, this issue appears to be more issolated. I am sorry that some are experiencing this issue but I am sure FFG will make it right with those folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were warping literally before eyes. But now they are nice flat, without any special treatment. Just give it a time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariano Rico
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have jut one tile slightly warped, but completely playable. Nothing comparable to Betrayal, that´s for sure.

I agree this is turning to be a very minor isse from what I have seen so far, even if I am experiencing it a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Walker
msg tools
mbmb
jond wrote:
Just to add that i've opened 2 copies now and neither has shown the slightest sign of warping tiles with no need to press them at all.

My copy shows no sign of warping either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soonk Delgado
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Mine arrived slightly warped. One night under some heavy stuff and all seemed ok. Played once then warped a little again. Another two nights of heavy stuff and seems ok after another play through. Could probably use another night of heavy stuff, but not too concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be honest, I got fed up with the tile warping stories a long time ago, and I don't usually even bother looking at threads for any games with a heading that even remotely indicates it is going to be someone commenting on warped tiles. I have no idea why I clicked on this one - guess I was just bored and randomly clicking around.

When Space Hulk came out there were lots of threads about tile warping, when Claustrophobia came out there were threads about tile warping, Batrayal, MoM, and on and on...

Needless to say, my copy of MoM was opened Friday evening, and everything has been laid out on the gaming table ever since. No signs of any warping yet. Maybe it's something about living in England.

Anyway, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, and I'm not saying it isn't annoying if tiles do warp; but tile warping crops up for so many games (especially ones with nicely produced, thick boards), and the story is always the same: A few people get warped tiles, they post, people panic, it turns out it isn't a major issue (Betrayal being the exception ), and then a few books or an iron put everything right with the world.

I do feel bad for anyone who has warping issues with any of their games, but I never let such stories (when I actually read them) concern me or put me off a game. For me it's always been a non-issue

Anyway, sorry for that. I now return you to your regular scheduled broadcast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
I'll be honest, I got fed up with the tile warping stories a long time ago, and I don't usually even bother looking at threads for any games with a heading that even remotely indicates it is going to be someone commenting on warped tiles.

I know there have been a lot of stories but whether or not the tiles would have warped without me doing what I did, I don't know. All I know is that this site warned me and enabled me to act on it or not as I saw fit and so I thought I would pass on what I did so other people could try it or not. Not a story but hopefully a solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
No warping with mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.