Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of us who are wondering about some of the finer details of the game, BGG member Brett Gilbert posted here:

55cards wrote:
I can say that Heroica does not require a DM, although it supports a simple game mode where one player can 'play the dungeon' against the other players. In a regular game the players are competing against each other, so at the end of a game, or perhaps a series of games, there will be a winner.

Sounds neat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be better in the main Family entry:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/9918/lego-heroi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Metcalf
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Heroes vs. Monsters is how my son and I play Heroica (he likes playing the heroes).

I wouldn't say it's balanced - he's five, so I don't mind if it's lopsided in his favor - but we did come up with some special monster abilities they can use when rolling a heroica for movement - Golems can throw rocks, the Goblin General can command multiple Goblins to move and attack, that sort of thing.

We don't use spawn points like in some of the variants, but the Goblin Warrior's special ability is to respawn four slain Warriors. We added a four square bridge off one of the corridors near the back of the dungeon, and the new Goblins show up there. As the game goes on, the other monsters get cut down, but new hordes of Goblins keep showing up to get killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.