New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love reading the RSP forums. I think we've got something quite special here.

Moderating RSP, however, is a time-consuming endeavor. As my duties as BGG's Community Manager continue to grow I find it harder and harder to justify the amount of time I spend on this relatively small corner of the site. That's not to say that I don't think the efforts have been worthwhile - I think they have been - but I do feel the need to start delegating responsibilities so I can be freed up to focus on other things.

Therefore, I am looking for people who are interested in eventually taking over primary moderating duties in RSP. I want to be clear on one thing up front - if you don't like how RSP has been moderated thus far (and that is a perfectly acceptable opinion to hold) then this is not for you. I'm still going to be involved in moderating the forums, RSP included, so I'm looking for people who want to help continue current moderation policies - not change them.

What I'm looking for in an applicant:

- Willing to read everything posted in RSP
- Little or no history of rules violations
- Low profile in RSP (ie tends to lurk rather than participate) is a plus but not required- it has been suggested that heavy participation can lead to perceptions of bias. I don't believe that participating means you can't be unbiased, but I do see how it can contribute to the perception. As such, low participation level isn't a requirement, but is considered a plus.
- Capable of turning the other cheek - you will have to absorb abusive comments. Sometimes people get upset when moderated against. That's understandable. It's important to not lash back.
- Most important: You think RSP is a great forum and want to see it stay that way.

Geekmail me if you are interested, and Lord have mercy on your souls!

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.