James Luksich
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you draw line line of sight through half hexes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Since half hexes are never used, I can't think of a situation where you would need to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moises Del Mar
Costa Rica
Quepos
flag msg tools
mb
actually i can think of many situations, and it's actually come up before and we play that yes, you can trace line of sight through half hexes, but obviously you can't occupy them.

edit: though there's nothing explicitly stated in the rules, it just makes sense which is said in the rule, "use common sense."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Luksich
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Specifically this came up in the PoH scenario No Surrender, towards the Railway station there was a hex surrounded by buildings and was wondering if it could be seen by a unit tracing line of sight along a hex spine with a building on one side and a half hex on another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it wasn't going through a half-hex - it was going along the edge of one. I'm pretty sure going through a half-hex is physically impossible (please correct me if I'm wrong Moises).

What is the terrain type in the half-hex? I think that would be the determining factor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moises Del Mar
Costa Rica
Quepos
flag msg tools
mb
true, going along the half hex spine but if the full hex contains terrain that blocks line of sight, and the half hex does not, i guess i assume to mean that you trace line of sight through that hex though technically it is only along it's edge. you use the clear terrain of the half hex to allow the line of sight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phelps
United States
Canal Fulton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's the way I would play it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.