Subject: Likelihood of more expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you guys think the likelihood of more expansions for Descent is? I wouldn't be surprised to see another Quest Compendum, but what about another boxed expansion with 7-10 scenarios, new Treachery cards, a few new heroes, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
What do you guys think the likelihood of more expansions for Descent is? I wouldn't be surprised to see another Quest Compendum, but what about another boxed expansion with 7-10 scenarios, new Treachery cards, a few new heroes, etc.?

Between slim and none.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I actually think another quest compendium is not very likely.......at least not for a long time.
As for more expansions, I think that's a sure bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(funnier in person)
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How well did the last (box) expansion sell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still hoping for one more non-campaign style expansion. Sea of Blood seems to be so full of problems - that are still waiting for many answers I understand... (I own but have not played it.)

I would be pretty shocked to not see anything new for Descent... OH - and 4 heroes in a different game does not count - 2-3 maps in a book from an event does not count. I am hopeful we will see some actual meaningful content. They can't go out on the current note - can they? Rough compendium. Rough expansion. They need something to redeem the series!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm gonna post a Descent: Solo variant, which uses tiles from Wrath of Ashardalon, and you can always cook up some stats for your shiny D&D Boardgame miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loose Cannon
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good Idea, Sam and Max. I love Descent, but hate how you level up with weapons. I Hate the CR and WoASH Event cards. But love the treasures for WoA.
I think some combination of these is what is missing,

It's what I hope comes for Descent:
Ability to play without OverLord,
Leveling for characters.
and simpler weapons that don't make you a god. once you have them.
Put these in an expansion, and It'd fly off the shelves.
JoeM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
SlimJim wrote:
Leveling for characters.
and simpler weapons that don't make you a god. once you have them.
Put these in an expansion, and It'd fly off the shelves.

This would also entirely overhaul the whole treasure system of the game. Expansions typically don't overhaul a system that much. Tweak and change sometimes, but not completely invalidating 4 sets worth of treasure cards for a completely new way of doing things.

Personally, I don't think it would affect sales that much even if they DID change that. Descent is a hack-n-slash dungeon crawl, not an RPG-like, character development game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.