Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
Time for the crossover brawl of the century! Who would win? Feel free to discuss as desired, and this has also been posted in RPGGeek. Whichever has the most wins by the time the poll ends on 3/20 gets bragging rights!

Poll
Who would win in a fight? RPGgeeks Tavern denizens, or BGGeeks Chit Chattians? Feel free to discuss, also posting in the RPGGeek tavern. Let the brawl commence!
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Chit Chattians
48.7% 38
Tavern Denizens
21.8% 17
RSPers from both areas would roll in and make both the other groups cry
29.5% 23
Voters 78
This poll is now closed.   78 answers
Poll created by MasterGeek
Closes: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
there's an RSP at RPGGeek?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

There is indeed!

Edit to add:
*Although it is full of tumbleweeds. I didn't go in and start browsing until a moment ago and the last post was in february.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like to think about mirror universes. What if the RPG me touches the BGG me would it be like matter and antimatter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
I don't like to think about mirror universes. What if the RPG me touches the BGG me would it be like matter and antimatter?

They are indeed seperate thigns.

I mean over there I am Queen/Empress. Here I am just.... me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
fightcitymayor wrote:

And at VGGeek... along with a chit-chat knockoff called "The Arcade". But uhhh, yeah I've never been. I've only heard rumors ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Toggy wrote:
sisteray wrote:

See we treat everyone equal here. No need to give titles to anyone. No one is in power or anything like that. We all just get along as equals.

Except maybe for that HiveGod guy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaginaryRoot wrote:
Toggy wrote:
sisteray wrote:

See we treat everyone equal here. No need to give titles to anyone. No one is in power or anything like that. We all just get along as equals.

The Arcade has a dictator of the week.
Its special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:

This would happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

Paging Queen Amy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:

No, it would just be really hot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

It's called the Underdark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

Paging Queen Amy...

Commune Queen Amy, Tavern QUeen Toggy would like to have a diplomatic meeting! We can have tea and cookies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
joebelanger wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:

It's called the Underdark.

Is that like Menzoberranzan?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
jeffwiles wrote:
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

Paging Queen Amy...

Commune Queen Amy, Tavern QUeen Toggy would like to have a diplomatic meeting! We can have tea and cookies!

We hope you meant "tea and cake".

Although The Tavern is a quaint place to visit, We have more subjects here. Also, there are more subjects, as in topics. Chit Chat is a place for anything except boardgames. The Tavern is a place for off-topic jokes of or related to (but not directly to) something called "Role Playing Games", otherwise known as "RPGs".

Pardon Our tardiness, We were attending the Young Master's (aka Cupcake Jr.'s) dinner, story time, and tucking in. And then getting out of bed. And then being tucked back in.

Here is Our list:

1. Legion, which Toggy herself was a part of from the beginning, began in Chit Chat.

2. Many more people frequent Chit Chat. We can only observe posts, people posting, and numbers voting in polls (We did some studies on this a year ago, unbeknownst to many).

3. Chit Chat boasts variety of topics, from the common Internet meme, to the Chit Chat only meme, to the down to earth request for help.

4. Finally, there is the Chit Chat Commune, of which I have been nominated Queen (and darn it, I'm going to milk this for all it's worth!).

5. Toggy is only here at BGG, or any related site, because of Us. Yes, one day, We were explaining when to use CMYK when to use RGB and "RPG" was mentioned instead. A young Toggy caught on, and an alliance was soon formed. It was not a mistake or a slip-of-the-tongue, but simply a way to test the waters for new gamers. Promise.

The main argument is thus: We are Queen of Chit Chat (Commune). Toggy is Queen of The Tavern. Toggy was instrumental in the formation of major components of Chit Chat and is only here because of Us. Ergo, Chit Chat is supreme to The Tavern.

//waves in British royal fashion//

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaginaryRoot wrote:
Toggy wrote:
sisteray wrote:

To the mines! Unless you bring Us a 30 oz caramel mocha latte with whipped cream. Whole milk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
amwiles wrote:
ImaginaryRoot wrote:
Toggy wrote:
sisteray wrote:

To the mines! Unless you bring Us a 30 oz caramel mocha latte with whipped cream. Whole milk.

Where are these mines? I bet they are better than my local coffee shops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
Toggy wrote:
jeffwiles wrote:
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

Paging Queen Amy...

Although The Tavern is a quaint place to visit, We have more subjects here. Also, there are more subjects, as in topics. Chit Chat is a place for anything except boardgames. The Tavern is a place for off-topic jokes of or related to (but not directly to) something called "Role Playing Games", otherwise known as "RPGs".

Pardon Our tardiness, We were attending the Young Master's (aka Cupcake Jr.'s) dinner, story time, and tucking in. And then getting out of bed. And then being tucked back in.

Here is Our list:

1. Legion, which Toggy herself was a part of from the beginning, began in Chit Chat.

2. Many more people frequent Chit Chat. We can only observe posts, people posting, and numbers voting in polls (We did some studies on this a year ago, unbeknownst to many).

3. Chit Chat boasts variety of topics, from the common Internet meme, to the Chit Chat only meme, to the down to earth request for help.

4. Finally, there is the Chit Chat Commune, of which I have been nominated Queen (and darn it, I'm going to milk this for all it's worth!).

5. Toggy is only here at BGG, or any related site, because of Us. Yes, one day, We were explaining when to use CMYK when to use RGB and "RPG" was mentioned instead. A young Toggy caught on, and an alliance was soon formed. It was not a mistake or a slip-of-the-tongue, but simply a way to test the waters for new gamers. Promise.

The main argument is thus: We are Queen of Chit Chat (Commune). Toggy is Queen of The Tavern. Toggy was instrumental in the formation of major components of Chit Chat and is only here because of Us. Ergo, Chit Chat is supreme to The Tavern.

As Solipsist Emeritus, I feel that you may have spoke too soon before consulting me about what I think.

I think Highly of both of you, and you would all do well to make sure that I continue to do so. For if I stop thinking, you stop am-ing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redbeardin84 wrote:
amwiles wrote:
Toggy wrote:
jeffwiles wrote:
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

Paging Queen Amy...

Here is Our list:

As Solipsist Emeritus, I feel that you may have spoke too soon before consulting me about what I think.

I think Highly of both of you, and you would all do well to make sure that I continue to do so. For if I stop thinking, you stop am-ing.

methinks queen wiles is an anglophile, not a chit chat a phile.

in Alice in Wonderland Style, off with her head?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
methinks queen wiles is an anglophile, not a chit chat a phile.

in Alice in Wonderland Style, off with her head?

It was 12:40 am your local time when you wrote this. Back to work! Those cells aren't going to pipette themselves! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
You may have larger numbers, but don't underestimate our weapons and strategic knowlegde. We look like a bunch of almost drunk hero's but we are that also and you don't want to mess with them.

Plus on a sidenote, I want to bring hail to the Arcade Dictator of the Week. At the Arcade we have a fair democracy where we have a good dictator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:

Toggy is here because of printing color space versus video color space? Woah. robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val K
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I vote I have a quick question.. does the tavern have tacos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe, but as long as they have bacon we're the obvious winners. I think we'd own all of those punks. Besides, many of us already have goatees... they can't do much with their +3 swords of might when we'll just send in the LOLcats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
MAISON ABREU: Lair of Abreu, you know, that guy below. Do not mistake this for other Maisons or Houses or even Abreus.
badge
I do look good on this chair, dont I?
mbmbmbmbmb
Greatings to all...

This so called "brawl" as come to my attention by one of my Fresh Corianders*

First inspite of what might be considered I dont see the lack of the Arcade in your choices as insulting.
We in the Arcade are peacefull and do not engage in "brawls".

Besides, if the Arcade where to be involved in a "brawl" we would surely win.

I would like to take this moment to inform everybody that my time as "Dictator of the Week"
is near the end, and I hope to have opened the way to make the Arcade as important as Chit Chat, or the Tavern as become.

The Arcade is rather new, but the seed as been planted. I am sure some still recall the first
steps in Chit Chat. And the Tavern as well.

So let us all, the "off topic" forums of this Great Geek Nation, befriend each other, for the greater good of all

Thank you for your attention.
Cordially

Dictator Abreu

* to understand the meaning of this see here: http://videogamegeek.com/thread/629442/dictate-dictated-by-t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.