Paul Jasper
United States
California
flag msg tools
This game is just dripping in theme but the gray minis are a bit of a buzz kill for me and I can't paint minis worth a lick.

I have the pre-painted investigator figures for the game. I sure wish FFG had put out a pre-painted set of the monsters as well - Oh well.

Does anyone have any recommendations for services that I could hire (presumably on-line) to paint a set of the monster minis for the game? I'd like to get a nice-looking set so I'm looking for a good price for the quality recommendation rather than the cheapest service out there.

Any suggestions for mini painters would be most appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Paul, sorry to disagree, you really can paint.
Click image to Follow me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Crompton
United Kingdom
St Helens
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Paul,

give them a go yourself. they are not too hard to paint and you'll get a lot of joy/satisfaction doing so. The cultists, zombies and maniacs don't need much attention and even the bigger guys need only a few colours.
Give them all a base undercoat with a white spray and then pick a main colour for each part ( for instance I've just gone with a mustard yellow for the bog-standard cultists). If you use The Army Painter Dip when you've finished it doesn't really matter if you miss any bits as it all fills in well. Finish off with a matt varnish spray and then they're good to go.
I know how you feel. I used to be terrified of painting minis etc. I had some Flames of War armies I sucuumbed to a few years ago and they look dreadfull compared to what I can do today, but you know what ? Nobody notices or gives a damn.
There are some good pics of painted pieces so use them as your guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mawson
United Kingdom
Barnsley
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you mess up you can easily strip the paint off 'em and try again. Ok, the stuff you do today might not be too hot, but each time you will get better. Highly recommend the Army Painter Quickshade dip (the mid-range Strong Tone probably best to start with). Number one thing to remember is, is that you are painting them for YOU. Use other people's work as guides but don't be too harsh on yourself. Also look at the 'bad' as well as the good. While the works of art are inspiring and have that 'wow' factor, the other stuff can be equally inspiring especially as you improve and are able to look back.

If you really don't settle into to it, or just don't enjoy doing it or don't have the time (base colours and Quickshade are really fast though), you can still search out a painter. Sometimes you will get people ebaying painted sets of minis for a game. There was a full set of painted figures for Last Night on Earth up for sale recently.

At the risk of being mercenary, I am planning to trade off most of my minis from MoM (definitely keeping the cthonians, best sculpt of one I have seen anywhere up to now) as I am slowly replacing them with alternate models more to my liking. But whether I will paint all of the originals before I get replacements and paint them is another thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
talk to drakkenstrike he had his painted and they are smokin'

Jeremy Salinas
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Drakkenstrike

tic tac toe 3 phils in a row, do I get a prize?
P3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a link to a list on Theminiaturespage.com of hundreds of painting services for miniatures. Click on 'fantasy' or 'historical' above the advert. You should be able to find one near you.

http://theminiaturespage.com/paintserv/

I have only used Fernando Enterprises, in Sri Lanka, and recommend them highly. However they are far away and their turnaround isn't the quickest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeek. Expensive. I did mine in about 12 hours, using the previously mentioned Army Painter Quickshade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have at least some ammount of skill and all the supllies, you should try to do the minis yourself. Practice is what kicks your skill up a notch every mini you finish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.