Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been using subscriptions since they came out and never quite got a handle on one aspect of them.

It's best explained by an example.

I go to the subscriptions notice page and for one geeklist I have four comments and two new items, so I select it.

It takes me direct to one of the comments.

Where do I need to go next to find the rest?

Do I need to go up or down to find the next comment/item, or have I gone to the oldest or newest one so I need to go in both directions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've gone to the oldest one, and need to scroll to find the rest. I try to take a mental note of how many new things there are, and see if I can find them all. If items are on different pages of a geeklist, I think it will take you to items on other pages, but once you view a page, it seems to consider that page viewed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. For geeklists, the granularity is the page only. Scroll up and down to see the rest of the new entries on that pages, they'll be marked with dark red and blue borders.

After that, you can click the next subscription arrow, and it'll take you to the next page with 1 or more new items/comments on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens (I think) is that you get a new something on a page of the geeklist, maybe an item, maybe a comment. Any further new things on the same page will add to the count, but not change the link. So, you go to the oldest new thing on the page. Newer new things can be above or below. Different pages will get their own links, but again, each page may have multiple items. One GL may have multiple page links combined in one new item listing. For example, one page might have a new item and a new comment, while another might have new comments for two items: this will show as one new item and three new comments; after taking that link once, the count will change to two new comments. I think the first link that activates will be the oldest.

It may be worthwhile to view the list of new items before going to them. Often I'll open the new items list, then view items in a different tab or tabs, occasionally refreshing the new item list. If you see only one new comment or item in a GL, you can just go through the link and not worry about other stuff being on the same page. But as noted above, you can't really use a count over one to tell you what to expect on a page.

When you do have multiple things on a page, if you're a mouse user, you probably want to use the browser scroll bar to move through the page, top to bottom (or the reverse if you wish), at a comfortable speed. If you're a keyboard user, Home then Page Downs will work (or End then Page Ups); you can change key auto-repeat speed if you're willing to change it for your whole system.

An option is to change to geekmail or email notification. I think that would get you every change individually (I have not tried it), but opening all the individual GMs or emails would probably be more trouble than scanning GLs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.