Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Solitaire [+] [View All]
Chad Corey
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone know of any solitaire games in the works? I'm hoping for something involving a campaign or something beyond just a single scenario.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rexbinary
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
John H. Butterfield is working on a solitaire system for the Conflict of Heroes series. I can't think of a better combination myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Dan Verssen has some diamonds waiting in the closet...

Field Commander Napoleon
Thunderbolt Apache Leader
Uboat Commander

Unfortunately it seems that pre-orders for those games flow very slowly , so can't say when they will go to the printer.

Victory Point Games has released Legion of Darkness, based on the States of Siege engine.And an expansion kit for No Retreat! that makes the game more enjoyable when played solo.

And next Conflict of Heroes installment ("First Men In 1944") is coming with integrated solo scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rexbinary wrote:
John H. Butterfield is working on a solitaire system for the Conflict of Heroes series. I can't think of a better combination myself.

THAT IS AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John H. Butterfield is also working on D-Day at Peleliu and D-Day at Tarawa, both based on the D-Day at Omaha Beach system. Perhaps you could get all the "D-Day at" games and make a campaign of them .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bdegroot wrote:
John H. Butterfield is also working on D-Day at Peleliu and D-Day at Tarawa, both based on the D-Day at Omaha Beach system. Perhaps you could get all the "D-Day at" games and make a campaign of them .

I have gone to the Decision Webpage and pre-ordered all these D-Day games about a month ago when I first discovered them! So should you ALL!!!

John Butterfield is simply:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier Euzet
France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nut's publishing will soon (1 or 2 month I think) release a solitaire game about the 2nd Battle for Fallujah
Phantom Fury

and the last vae victis did publish a solitaire game about Alamo 1836
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
bdegroot wrote:

The guys over at Decision Games don't make it nincompoops like me easy to preorder but D-Day at Omaha Beach has impressed me so I'm more than interested to preorder the Peleliu and Tarawa games.

I pressume the British/Canadian landings in Normandy have to wait a little bit longer before their efforts will be honored in a D-Day at Gold/Juno/Sword Beach game.

BTW A second edition of Fields of Fire is about to be released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Garner
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
also Game Developer
badge
Personal LnLT Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
andymase wrote:

Field Commander Napoleon
Thunderbolt Apache Commander
Uboat Commander

Unfortunately it seems that pre-orders for those games flow very slowly , so can't say when they will go to the printer.

I can vouch for Thunderbolt Apache Leader. I own an original copy of this one and it is a huge blast to play. You can even play cooperatively with a buddy against the game, which is even more fun. The new version looks to be a bit more polished than the original, but the gameplay is supposed to remain fairly consistent with the original game. I certainly hope so, because I would like to play the cooperative game using both versions together.

Anyway, I'd say give DVG.com a good look if you are into solitaire wargames, as there are plenty to choose from and they are all pretty good. They may seem priced a little high, but you get a lot o gaming goodness for what you pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
andymase wrote:

Field Commander Napoleon
Thunderbolt Apache Leader
Uboat Commander

>>>>> where is the web site???

Victory Point Games has released Legion of Darkness, based on the States of Siege engine.And an expansion kit for No Retreat! that makes the game more enjoyable when played solo.

And next Conflict of Heroes installment ("First Men In 1944") is coming with integrated solo scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one really has me intrigued: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/57141/codeword-cromwe...

VPG also has one in the works covering the WWII European Theater, called the World Will Hold its Breath. No BGG entry yet, but here's the folder on Consimworld: http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@516.Hfsnb6FvakT.33906122...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Crowley
United Kingdom
Arundel
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
rexbinary wrote:
John H. Butterfield is working on a solitaire system for the Conflict of Heroes series. I can't think of a better combination myself. :)

Just wondering where that nugget of information originated? Presumably it has nothing to do with the planned PC version of CoH that Matrix are reportedly developing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rexbinary
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
In Stereo
badge
I pwnz j00!
mbmbmbmbmb
jimcrowley wrote:
rexbinary wrote:

Just wondering where that nugget of information originated? Presumably it has nothing to do with the planned PC version of CoH that Matrix are reportedly developing.

Blog comment from Uwe here:

http://social.consimworld.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2011369%...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walsh
United States
Batavia
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimcrowley wrote:
rexbinary wrote:

BLERG! Matrix makes all these games I want but I run a Mac and really dont want to dual boot. Doggonit this might push me over the edge to dual boot...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
Legion Wargames is putting out Picket Duty: Kamikaze Attacks against U.S. Destroyers – Okinawa, 1945 and Redvers' Reverse: The Battle of Colenso, 1899 on their preorder list. I think some of their other upcoming games have solitaire scenarios or high solitaire suitability but both of these are solitaire only games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:
Legion Wargames is putting out Picket Duty: Kamikaze Attacks against U.S. Destroyers – Okinawa, 1945 and Redvers' Reverse: The Battle of Colenso, 1899 on their preorder list. I think some of their other upcoming games have solitaire scenarios or high solitaire suitability but both of these are solitaire only games.

These two games as well as the B-29 Superfortress expansion has been on my radar/preorder for sometime now... (which is also an upcoming solitaire expansion for a solitaire game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Cruel Necessity - I've playtested this upcoming solitaire game on The English Civil Wars (part of VPG's States of Siege series), and it's simply outstanding. It includes a battle map for very quick and tense resolution of the major engagements. Very evocative gameplay.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/50932/item/1616270#ite... - just announced (no game page yet), and part of the same States of Siege series, this solitaire game will focus on the Axis Siege of Malta during World War Two, but also has a strong focus on the North African campaign. It also includes the major collateral events in the Battle of the Mediterranean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Carey wrote:

Cruel Necessity - I've playtested this upcoming solitaire game on The English Civil Wars (part of VPG's States of Siege series), and it's simply outstanding. It includes a battle map for very quick and tense resolution of the major engagements. Very evocative gameplay.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/50932/item/1616270#ite... - just announced (no game page yet), and part of the same States of Siege series, this solitaire game will focus on the Axis Siege of Malta during World War Two, but also has a strong focus on the North African campaign. It also includes the major collateral events in the Battle of the Mediterranean.

Now that looks interesting! Much more so than fantasy SoS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...a few more Victory Point Games States of Siege Series games in the pipeline:A Blood-Red Banner: The Alamo, Dawn of the Zeds - everything you've ever wanted in a zombie game, and Keep Up the Fire! - a game on the Boxer Rebellion in the summer of 1900 featuring both a tactical and strategic system that work in tandem as the player attempts to defend the Legation Compound and battle to get the Eight Nation relief column from Taku to Peking to break the siege.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Wynn
United States
Cartersville
Georgia
flag msg tools
I love Nintendo as well!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still need to play Silent War more. Although, Field Commander: Napoleon looks as if it is right up my alley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sidewynnder wrote:
Field Commander: Napoleon looks as if it is right up my alley.

I've lost my hopes it will be ever sent to the printer...
It's in preorder status since Neolithic Age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
andymase wrote:
Sidewynnder wrote:

You're new to preorders, aren't you. DVG prints games pretty quickly compared to most other companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:
andymase wrote:
Sidewynnder wrote:

You're new to preorders, aren't you. DVG prints games pretty quickly compared to most other companies.

I don't have this feeling about DVG Games. Wouldn't use the word "quick".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.