Popular Tags: [View All]
Ezra Nicholson
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started buying up some of the discounted Confrontation (and AT-43) sets to use for Heroscape customs. I eventually decided that I should pick up more to be able to play the game. I have zero experience with table top miniatures games. Is there anything else I need to pick up? I feel like I have purchased a lot, but I just want to make sure while things are still available. How important is it to have the army books for each faction?

Any input would be appreciated.

1 Confrontation Age of the Ragnarok Rulebook

RAM
2 Confrontation Rams of Acheron Army Box

Lions
2 Lions Army Box
1 Lions Guards Attachment Box
1 Lions Knights Attachment Box
2 Lions Paladins Unit Box
1 Lions Paladins Attachment Box
1 Lions Manilia Hero Box
1 Lions Doriman: Valdenar de doriman & Misan Hero Box
1 Lions Kallienne (Kelgar & Meliador) Hero Box
1 Lions Icquor Hero Box
1 Lions Army Book

GRIFFINS
3 Griffins of Akkylannie Griffin Spearmen Unit Box
3 Griffins of Akkylannie Knights of Redemption Unit Box
3 Griffins of Akkylannie Knights of Redemption Attachment Box
1 Griffins of Akkylannie Hero Temple of the West
3 Griffins of Akkylannie Praetorian Guard Unit Box
1 Griffins of Akkylannie Temple of the North Hero Box
1 Griffins of Akkylannie Templars Unit Box
2 Griffins of Akkylannie Templars Attachment Box
1 Griffins of Akkylannie Praetorian Guard Attachment Box
1 Griffin Hero Abel Promo
1 Griffins of Akkylannie Templar Army Rulebook
1 Griffins of Akkylannie Executioner Unit Box
1x Griffin: Spearmen: Attachment Box

Wolfen
1x Confrontation: Wolfen: Army Book
1x Confrontation: Wolfen: Fangs: Attachment Box

SCORPION
1x Confrontation: Scorpion: Army Book
1x Confrontation: Scorpion: Kheris: Hero Box
3 Confrontation Scorpions Sentinels Unit Box
3 Confrontation Scorpions Crossbowmen Unit Box
1 Dirz Hybrids Alpha Unit Bitz Hybrid Alpha Trooper
1 Dirz Hybrids Alpha Attachment Bitz Hybrid Alpha Neuromancer
1 Dirz Hybrids Alpha Attachment Bitz Hybrid Alpha Acolyte w/Card
1 Confrontation Scorpions Clones Unit Box
1 Confrontation Scorpions Dasyatis Evolution Unit Box
1 Confrontation Scorpions Dasyatis Prime Unit Box
1 Confrontation Scorpions Nemesis Evolution Unit Box
2x Confrontation: Scorpion: Skorize
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Gerleman
United States
Adel
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that a listing of what you've already purchased? If so, that's plenty to start with. Lots of army builds available with those. As far as Army books go, you only need the books for armies you want to play- which they're eseential for. You can download the PDF files of all released army books for free, though, which is nice. I still prefer an actual book for reference while playing though.

I'd recommend downloading Open R Community Tools, a free program that helps build your army lists and makes great printouts for use while playing.

Give both Confrontation and AT-43 a try. They are great games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.... this is a great game, that I never would have gotten into without the huge sale... now that I am...I wish they were still around... I think a lot of us feel this way... Myself, I purchased EVERY plastic piece made :) and can feild Armies for Wolfen, Scorpion, Griffon, Ram and Lion...

I also liked some of the metals... like the Warg... and bought that on EBAY...

And I made some proxy for those I could not find... my pictures are in the gallery of above (Griffen Titan and RAM cav)

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Pressnell
United States
Tuscaloosa
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My biggest question is why you didn't buy the Wolfen Army Box. Heh.

I'm in the same boat as you--bought these 'cause they fit in with Heroscape (and other miniatures), but it looks like you have quite a bit. Good luck finding other players. I played a game with a couple of the army boxes not long ago, and it was good fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question... when I first was buying these, it was becaues Fantasy Flight (which is local buy me) had only unit and attachemnet boxs for sale DIRT cheap... I think $5-$6... By the time I bought all that... all I was missing from the army box was the Blood Thirsty Predators... which I got online...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Donnell
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think, "What else do I need?" is the question you should be asking. You've got enough stuff here to build armies and play for quite a while without it becoming repetitive or losing its luster assuming you have space to play, some terrain, and a willing opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Dugan

Texas
msg tools
Rocky123 wrote:
Myself, I purchased EVERY plastic piece made

Sorry for the thread Necro, but I'm curious.

Are most of the Confrontation Ragnarok models plastic? I'm thinking about grabbing a bunch of Scorpion online so I can't check the material myself and it's not in the description. Not really a huge fan of plastic (I love modding metal too much), so it may determine my involvement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Donnell
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eAstinos wrote:
Rocky123 wrote:
Myself, I purchased EVERY plastic piece made

Sorry for the thread Necro, but I'm curious.

Are most of the Confrontation Ragnarok models plastic? I'm thinking about grabbing a bunch of Scorpion online so I can't check the material myself and it's not in the description. Not really a huge fan of plastic (I love modding metal too much), so it may determine my involvement.

Yes, all of the latest releases for the game were pre-painted plastics sold in unit, detachment, and hero boxes. The previous versions of the game had a variety of metal models available in blisters and boxes many of which are still available at hobby shops or in the secondary market and can be used with the current game if you can find the faction card packs to go with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.