Danny O'Donnell
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game tonight, and early on we started to feel that the public offices were valuable enough to be worth the penalty for failing to meet the requirements, especially when we were low on resources. Almost every title is going to be worth at least the 5 VP it costs to take it early. In fact, several of the titles cost the same or more VP (in coins) to take legitimately than they do to take without the necessary coins and vp.

It could be that our game was unusually low on resources, but after the first war, which was turn 4 or 5, we were all fairly broke, could throw the few resources we had into building something or building into a major building, and then take the offices for almost nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
there is a mistake.

If you want to take a public office, you have to pay the cost in money and meet the VP requirement.
If you are not able to do that, you will not take the public office and you will take -5 VP and have to pay 3 coins as penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PsychoDan wrote:
It could be that our game was unusually low on resources, but after the first war, which was turn 4 or 5, we were all fairly broke, could throw the few resources we had into building something or building into a major building, and then take the offices for almost nothing.

In last version of rules you can find some nice advices to start to play, specially for organize game for the first war. Check www.giochix.it, download section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
micheleq wrote:
there is a mistake.

If you want to take a public office, you have to pay the cost in money and meet the VP requirement.
If you are not able to do that, you will not take the public office and you will take -5 VP and have to pay 3 coins as penalty.

Oops. I can't believe I read that section of the rules so many times and interpreted it the wrong way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only your fault wow
As was written, was easy to make this error. I will change the sentence to avoid it!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny O'Donnell
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes a ton more sense, thanks. So it would really only come up if you were counting on getting the vp or coins that you needed the same turn and failed to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Quondam
Italy
Roma
Roma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PsychoDan wrote:
That makes a ton more sense, thanks. So it would really only come up if you were counting on getting the vp or coins that you needed the same turn and failed to do so.

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.