The Castles of Burgundy» Forums » Variants

Subject: Goods with theme and other twiddles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I've only got a few moments before I have to dash to a convention, but the thought that strikes me immediately is that earning 5 cash changes the game dramatically. It's actually quite hard to earn cash at present, and introducing more cash would probably make the "buying" action too easy/frequent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the game much, and I haven't tried your variant, but here are some observations:

* I liked how you matched goods with colors while keeping the pip order.
* What's with the starting goods! If you drop them then it will be much harder to buy any black supply hexes in the first few rounds and if you leave them in it will randomly favor players with sapphires (silver is probably more valuable in the first turns than VPs).
* Your rules break the dice value symmetry for goods operations. Extreme values are better. May cause 1 and 6 supplies and estate locations to be used less as those rolls are better for sales.
* Changing number of phases to 4 will lower the value of Mines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.