Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played some Road to Legend, but never played Sea of Blood.

So, is this broken?

There are certain concerns I keep reading about, and I haven't played yet to see whether they're valid.

-- It's said that lieutenants can just easily run away from fights
-- It's said that when lieutenants run away, since they only go one space, they just move right back and so the heroes can't effectively stop sieges
-- It's said that some islands are just too hard, especially given that the island is the first level of a dungeon
-- It's said that one of the islands is broken because there are two bosses with shadowcloak who can also run around in the water, avoiding the heroes

As I said, I don't know from personal experience how these concerns hold up.

So, I was hoping to get some thoughts before playing Sea of Blood in lieu of simply playing Road to Legend again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me SoB was good for the extra additions that can be incorporated into the general game. The whole SOB scenario though is not all that great and is at times extremely frustrating for both the OL and players. It's still worth having though for the additions and most importantly the updated and better written campaign rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer. We used the skills from SoB in a regular game of Descent this weekend, and the ones that got used were popular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Leis
United States
Merino
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I spent 100 GG and all I got was this stupid overtext.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Just my 2 cents:

I purchased Sea of Blood and am keeping it since I'm a completist and a huge Descent fan-boy. It is nice for the extra bits like the skills & Nara the Fang, but the campaign itself is quite frankly extremely broken. Even if it weren't completely imbalanced (which it is), there are several gaping rules issues with it that have not been addressed by any FAQ or errata (such as the rules for tentacles).

If you want the extra bits, go for it though that is rather expensive to get just for them. Frankly the campaign part is a waste of time and if you already have RtL, stick with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.