David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgame Revolution deal of the day

http://www.boardgamerevolution.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=f...

Free shipping is at $100, flat $8.99 per order otherwise

Not a bad deal. Base game is a standard $40 (less expensive than B&B, more expensive than CSI), but each expansion at only $15 is a good deal. I haven't seen it cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dblayton wrote:
Boardgame Revolution deal of the day

http://www.boardgamerevolution.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=f...

Free shipping is at $100, flat $8.99 per order otherwise

Not a bad deal. Base game is a standard $40 (less expensive than B&B, more expensive than CSI), but each expansion at only $15 is a good deal. I haven't seen it cheaper.

But is it such a hot deal when you figure in the cost of shipping?

Moreover, how competitive are their regular prices? After all, to make up for the remaining $85.01 you'd have to purchase to get free shipping, you would have to purchase a lot of regular-priced games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love me some Formula D expansion maps...unfortunately at $30 a pop I canot justify it. With shipping, this deal comes out at $23...still not bad, but I cannot bring myself to pay shipping ever for any reason. And spending $100 on games right now is right out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

But is it such a hot deal when you figure in the cost of shipping?

Moreover, how competitive are their regular prices? After all, to make up for the remaining $85.01 you'd have to purchase to get free shipping, you would have to purchase a lot of regular-priced games.

Yeah, unfortunately like most places, it's is a much better deal if you buy more (two would make them $19.50 each including shipping...which is what the cheapest places are selling them for without shipping).

(Although, Amazon has the third expansion for $32 with free shipping and all the other sites charge shipping for small orders, so yeah, I'd say $23 is still pretty good.)

Myself, I'm sitting on a large order that I foresee being able to afford in the nearish future and the right deal will probably make me bite (I'm holding out for Troyes though). I figure something like this might be the catcher for someone else if they knew about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dblayton wrote:
(Although, Amazon has the third expansion for $32 with free shipping and all the other sites charge shipping for small orders, so yeah, I'd say $23 is still pretty good.)

hot deal, good post =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:
Would love me some Formula D expansion maps...unfortunately at $30 a pop I canot justify it. With shipping, this deal comes out at $23...still not bad, but I cannot bring myself to pay shipping ever for any reason. And spending $100 on games right now is right out.

Clearly you'd want to buy all the maps in one go to bring the shipping down to $3 per map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I was considering the base game and all 3 maps, and then the Kingsburg Bundle. But they don't have the #2 map anymore, unless I pay more for a combo pack. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.