mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
What should I add to my CSI order?
Navegador
Age of Empires III
Amun-Re + Innovation
      41 answers
Poll created by rsmithx

So I have a pretty good sized order at CoolStuffInc already that is waiting for 7 Wonders to come in stock before it ships. Last night I got $50 out of the blue from a friend as a gift, so I am thinking of adding another game to the order, but I am having a hard time deciding what to get.

Mostly I play games with my game group and that is only once a month, so it is tougher for our group to get in to heavier/long games vs shorter lighter games. I have owned Through the Ages for over a year, and have yet to get it to the table because the rules/play time are too intimidating for most of the guys I play with.

So that being said, my order right now is:
Survive: Escape from Atlantis!
7 Wonders
Cyclades
For Sale
Egizia

So what should I add to the order (for $50)? Originally I was going to purchase Dominant Species, but after reading reviews I don't think it would ever get played. Similarly Dungeon Lords was a strong candidate, but it might be another one that is hard to get to the table.

Other suggestions are welcome, but I don't want to add another "pre-order" to my order, I already am dying waiting for 7 Wonders to finally come in and ship!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Medford
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
mbmbmbmbmb
you probably won't regret any of the three choices, but you can't go wrong with AOE III for a good mix of accessibility, depth, and really nice bits. It also scales well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Smith
United States
Shelton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
l0de wrote:
Tough to go wrong with Hansa Teutonica. I think you can probably nab it and the east expansion for under $50.

Already have it in our game group, and it has been played 4 times in the last 2 months, so I would love to hear other recommendations from you, as that has been a big hit for my group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Erickson
United States
Winona
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it were me, I would go with a couple of the expansions for Railroad Tycoon. Railways of England (the advanced game is great) and Railways of the West. You can never go wrong with train games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
rsmithx wrote:
Poll
What should I add to my CSI order?
Navegador
Age of Empires III
Amun-Re + Innovation
      41 answers
Poll created by rsmithx

Last night I got $50 out of the blue from a friend as a gift, so I am thinking of adding another game to the order, but I am having a hard time deciding what to get.

Put the money in the bank. In 32 years you'll have $51.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Morton
United States
Petersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of your 3 choices I have only played AoE III. I have only played 3 games of it so far (all in the last 3 weeks), but it is really fun.

I've played twice with 3 people and once with 2 and it really seemed to scale well. There are lots of choices to make and you'll never get to do everything you want to do on a turn because the spots are limited.

I found the instructions a little hard to understand, but once I set up a 3 player game and played all 3 players myself for a few turns it all clicked. Then it became very easy to explain to others.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Weed
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
how sweet the sound...
badge
Fear The Hat !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
AOE3, hands down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
rsmithx wrote:

Mostly I play games with my game group and that is only once a month

This is what made me vote for navegador.

I really liked how quickly a guy could ramp-up to this relatively deep game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
merchants and marauders or tales of arabian nights. I think if you get only once a month chance, that a heavily themed, immersive game would be ideal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Smith
United States
Shelton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merchants and Marauders was at the top of my list, but unfortunately it is out of stock at CSI, so that was a no go. Haven't checked out Arabian Nights, will research it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.