Subject: Hunting the Night: New Variant up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the files section there is a new variant, which i think is rather nice. Well, of course, since I made it. whistle

In any case, I open this thread to hear some feedback on Hunting the Night

(H[geekurl=http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/65094/hunting-the-night-expanded-tactical-play-for-atoe]'Hunting the Night' file[/geekurl]tN)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Gnu
Taiwan
Tainan
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Great use of theme.
How do you track a Villian's cancelled tactics? Do you keep the discarded objective card and trigger card near the print-out of your file's villian table, near the villian's card, or is the cancellation simply remembered? Could a set of matching counters help here?
To help insure necessary Trigger and Objective cards came into play, they could be seperated and then shuffled into the top half of a location deck. This would be especially useful if expansion cards were in play. It might be advisable to make the game more difficult in some other way to counter the easier draws. That would be fine by me if I had a better chance to thematically thwart a villian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Callahan
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, my group just remembers the cancelled or added effects. I somewhat like the idead of shuffling into the top part of the deck, but don;t relish the slow-down in set-up time. I could go back and re-write things to make two trigger cards pre tactic... load of work, there.

Keep testing it and keep ideas coming. It helps it grow to be an even better game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.