Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Captain Obvious is wondering why no one has mentioned that these cards are variants on each other.

Both score for prestige, and produce prestige for developments and consuming goods. PG Affluence is stronger on develop. FedCap is imho slightly stronger on consume.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrWeasely wrote:
Captain Obvious is wondering why no one has mentioned that these cards are variants on each other.

Both score for prestige, and produce prestige for developments and consuming goods. PG Affluence is stronger on develop. FedCap is imho slightly stronger on consume.

Perhaps it was obvious enough that it didn't need mentioning? Besides, I'm sure many of us figured that's kinda your job at this point

Other stuff includes...
--PGAs extra bonus pts are definitely possible, but I've found myself scoring primarily from its PP bonus.

some notable differences to me include..
--if you want to double the pts that PP gives and you had a choice between the 2, Fed. Cap. is cheaper than PGA.
--For some cases, all the benefits of PGA are killed by the fact that it's so expensive. Building PGA will mean they'll never recover from it.
--pIII makes FC free while PGA still requires 3 cards with pII
--PGA comes with a PP. That can make or break certain games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.