Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
After receiving a copy of the rules (thanks Worthington Games!), I made up a set of quick and dirty counters and got out my Memoir '44 board and terrain tiles and tried out the Cowpens scenario to see how this game played. One thing to recommend it is that it seemed to punish ahistorical tactics. I tried to attack with the American militia front lines, rather than falling back to the veteran troops behind, as Morgan had them do in the real battle, and it was clearly a bad idea. After losing 3 units to no British losses, I began falling back. I worked the militia around behind the hills to support the American veteran units and they did better, though ultimately lost 7-3 in 16 turns.

Next time I'll start falling back after the British get into firing range and see if more historical tactics will give the Americans the victory they actually achieved. All in all I was quite pleased with the game play and found the rules pretty well-written and easy to follow. I'm looking forward to getting the complete game when it ships next week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.