Popular Tags: [View All]
jtop
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So...

I was playing Blood Ties with objective 1A last night. I found that I was able to easily move Artemis into the Sealed Door Furnace Room within 3 turns. Was this intended?

There were three investigators, so Artemis had 15 total health.

He appeared in the Crypt.
Using Take Sample and Creatures of the Night once each turn, I got him up the ladder to the patio and into the puzzle locked root cellar in two turns. On turn 3, he was safely behind the sealed door! (5 spaces to move total)

Of course, Take Sample relied on the Investigators moving into his space, but they had to in order to fulfill their objective and kill him.

(It was lucky that he wasn't stunned which would make a difference.)

Nothing on the Objective cards said to remove all locks, so I assume it played out correctly. Any errata on this or rule I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Help me to help you! Help me to help you!
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this one last as well, and the investigators got the last clue (when he is revealed) on the last turn of the game (one more timer token until end). It just so happened that was the turn I got my third sample on the altar and won before the last event card got revealed.

You didn't mention if you just waited in that room with not enough samples on the altar. Did you all lose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jtop
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I only needed one more.

At that point Artemis had two samples, so I just moved him through the furnace to the alter and dropped them off.

I also had another zombie carrying a sample through the caves. He would have made it in one more turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Walker
msg tools
mbmb
Ruthus wrote:
Of course, Take Sample relied on the Investigators moving into his space, but they had to in order to fulfill their objective and kill him.

Sometimes chasing after the bad guy isn't the most clever thing to do

I don't think the investigators actions were compulsory. Why didn't the investigators use move, attack, move? Did they explore for ranged weapons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well guys, but does not it strike you as illogical that the monster can move faster, because it is taking sample?

It seems weird to me and bit game breaking.

It at least should not be possible to play two "movement" keeper action at the same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jtop
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
(for reference: story 3 - 1a,2a,3a,4a,5a)

Other than rolling better or having all three investigators on Artemis at the same time (one was fighting zombies in the chasm), I'm not sure what they could have done differently. (none of us had played the scenario before) Here's the breakdown after Artemis spawned:

TURN ONE-
After spawning in the crypt, take sample from the investigator who searched the crypt then move to cave 2. Then move up the ladder to the patio using Creatures of the Night.

Two investigators followed up the ladder but couldn't attack from a distance. Move, move (to surface) and attack from the same space as Artemis. (In my case, Michael hit with the tommy gun for 2 successful attacks - no stuns. Sister Mary missed with the crowbar.)

TURN TWO
Take sample from Investigator and move to space in front of Root Cellar. Then move into root cellar using Creatures of the Night.

Artemis just has to Survive one more round of attacks in the root cellar and he's off to the inaccessible Furnace room. (in my case, they had to spend time unlocking the electric lock puzzle on the root cellar first)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jtop
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AH!
I found the answer in another post. Monsters cannot move through sealed doors!!!

---
page 11 of the rulebook says:

Moving Monsters

"...monsters may only move to adjacent spaces, can
move diagonally, and cannot move through walls or sealed doors."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruthus wrote:
AH!
I found the answer in another post. Monsters cannot move through sealed doors!!!

---

Moving Monsters

Be sure you are not confusing "sealed doors" with "locked doors".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Help me to help you! Help me to help you!
United States
Edmond
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Ruthus wrote:
AH!

---

Moving Monsters

How about rooms with a lock card on them that indicates it is sealed? I don't remember the name of the card, but it does have the word sealed in it. In this case, is it allowed for monsters to move through it? If not, is the keeper supposed to remember this from setup or is he limited in his monster movement until an investigator reveals that it is a "sealed" door?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
WrongWrongWrong wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
Ruthus wrote:
AH!

---

Moving Monsters

How about rooms with a lock card on them that indicates it is sealed? I don't remember the name of the card, but it does have the word sealed in it. In this case, is it allowed for monsters to move through it? If not, is the keeper supposed to remember this from setup or is he limited in his monster movement until an investigator reveals that it is a "sealed" door?

Sealed Doors are those that have a token placed over them (with an image of a boarded up door). Neither investigators nor monsters can move through these. It is simply as if the door does not exist.

Locked doors are those which have a Lock card on top of the stack on the other side of the door. Monsters can move through these doors, but investigators can't.

EDIT: This is the entire definition. There are no exceptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jtop
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah.
The lock card I was referring to is called "Sealed Door". Which is confusing because it has the same name.

I just played Scenario 1: 1B last night. The objective involves moving monsters into a "Sealed Door" room where an alter is placed. bleached_lizard is right. The "Sealed Door" card is a lock and follows the standard rules of Monster movement.

So, as a house rule, we're removing locks when Artemis is spawned. That way, the keeper can't hide him in an inaccessible location. (It's not an issue in Scenario 1 since it explicitly states that all lock cards are discarded when the named Maniac shows up)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.