Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some questions about the Dragon Horde...

1. Does it count towards your income limit? (i.e. is it practically useless if you don't have a packdragon or another form of unlimited income?)

2. Is it "mandatory?" I'm guessing it is, and the way you decide when to use it is by upgrading it only on the turn immediately before you decide you want it.

3. Do you only get the -3 points if it has an upgrade cube on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Some questions about the Dragon Horde...

1. Does it count towards your income limit? (i.e. is it practically useless if you don't have a packdragon or another form of unlimited income?)

2. Is it "mandatory?" I'm guessing it is, and the way you decide when to use it is by upgrading it only on the turn immediately before you decide you want it.

3. Do you only get the -3 points if it has an upgrade cube on it?

Hi!
1.: No
2.: Yes. The moment you upgrade it, you get the cards.
3.: Yes, because it's not finished otherwise. However you are not allowed to discard the Dragon Horde, even if it is not finished.

Have fun with the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response!

One clarification... with respect to #2, you say, "The moment you upgrade it, you get the cards." Was this just a simplification of the fact that the next thing you do after upgrading is drawing your income again? Or do you actually draw the cards during your upgrade step? And if you do draw the cards during your upgrade step, can you then use the newly-drawn cards to upgrade other things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Thanks for the quick response!

One clarification... with respect to #2, you say, "The moment you upgrade it, you get the cards." Was this just a simplification of the fact that the next thing you do after upgrading is drawing your income again? Or do you actually draw the cards during your upgrade step? And if you do draw the cards during your upgrade step, can you then use the newly-drawn cards to upgrade other things?

Yes, you get the cards immediately when you upgrade the card und therefore can use it for further upgrades right away (because you can choose the order of your upgrades).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott O'Brien
United States
Connellsville
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
while it is in the auction space...
does the can not be removed preclude it from being replaced if it goes unpurchased for that round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.