Zach Holley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I am just learning to play and in a game the question was raised. I looked through the add didn't find an answer. It would make sense since there are resources just outside the outskirts of the recommended capital placement. Also this would do well to represent the growing borders as in the PC game. Please share your thoughts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is no, your outskirts never get larger than the spaces that border it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
badge
So this is my new overtext ? Hmmm...
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said. These resources can be harvested using a settler or by placing the capital accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTorres
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pg 28. of the rulebook:
Quote:
City Outskirts: The eight squares surrounding a city center. These squares generate the city's trade, production, culture, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Holley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I beleive if that were true, you would be able to build a wonder every turn eventually.

We will have to try that house-rules some time. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigger outskirts would be useless anyway. In most games I have cities not using even half of the outskirts they already have. Most times you dont need that much buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.