4 Posts

Paths of Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: MEF Beachhead space confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fakeimus Namenton

New Jersey
msg tools
As I'm sure you know, there are 4 MEF Invasion beaches on the map, indicated by a BLue Circle with a Port symbol with a dashed line going to a space on the Map (Gallipoli, Cana Kale, Izmir and Adama). When MEF is played, does the MEF and the Beachhead marker go on the Blue Circles (which are not spaces, thereby making a temporary space) or do they go on the actual map spaces (Gallipoli, Cana Kale, Izir and Adama) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paddy O'Doors
United States
Bealeton
Virginia
flag msg tools
Bomb Voyage exclaims: Monsieur Incroyable!
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew CF wrote:
As I'm sure you know, there are 4 MEF Invasion beaches on the map, indicated by a BLue Circle with a Port symbol with a dashed line going to a space on the Map (Gallipoli, Cana Kale, Izmir and Adama). When MEF is played, does the MEF and the Beachhead marker go on the Blue Circles (which are not spaces, thereby making a temporary space) or do they go on the actual map spaces (Gallipoli, Cana Kale, Izir and Adama) ?

I, too, had the same confusion when I first started playing.

The MEF beachhead is a "new space," placed on one of the blue circles at the Allied Player's discretion. Once there, it is a viable space/port for all purposes, adjacent only to the space that it is connected to by its respective dotted line. It remains as a legitimate space for all purposes (including as a port -- you can do port-to-port SR to the space) until entered by a CP unit, at which point it is no longer a space again (the CP unit is still allowed to leave, however). Once displaced by a CP unit entering the space, it is never re-placed on the map under any circumstances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fakeimus Namenton

New Jersey
msg tools
paddyodoors wrote:

The MEF beachhead is a "new space," placed on one of the blue circles at the Allied Player's discretion. Once there, it is a viable space/port for all purposes, adjacent only to the space that it is connected to by its respective dotted line. It remains as a legitimate space for all purposes (including as a port -- you can do port-to-port SR to the space) until entered by a CP unit, at which point it is no longer a space again (the CP unit is still allowed to leave, however). Once displaced by a CP unit entering the space, it is never re-placed on the map under any circumstances.

Thanks for the clarification. We did it wrong, but it didn't really change anything. Thanks to the fact that I had Kemal and Sever Weather in my hand when the MEF tried to break out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elliott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
paddyodoors wrote:
Andrew CF wrote:

So do (did) I ... I haven't played the game yet, but I'm trying to figure out the rules, and this post came at the perfect time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.