Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cole
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When an area is demolished are the conquest tokens removed? We had a demolished area in tonight's game and I played Rebuild which removed the demolished token. Should it have remained conquered or would it start back as a human controlled city?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 32 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveCole wrote:
When an area is demolished are the conquest tokens removed? We had a demolished area in tonight's game and I played Rebuild which removed the demolished token. Should it have remained conquered or would it start back as a human controlled city?

It remains conquered unless something else (Such as Resistance Counters in the Coop game or another player playing the alternate Rebuild text on the Location) removes the marker.

-Marcon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delta 5.56
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the area is conquered and it is demolished, the conquest token remains.

If the demolished area is rebuilt, the demolished token as well as the conquered token is removed. Fresh city, fresh resistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsh4u2 wrote:

If the demolished area is rebuilt, the demolished token as well as the conquered token is removed. Fresh city, fresh resistance.

That's not correct, the Rebuild card gives you the choice either to remove the Demolished marker OR the conquest marker if no Aliens are present.

-Marcon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delta 5.56
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcon wrote:
jsh4u2 wrote:

That's not correct, the Rebuild card gives you the choice either to remove the Demolished marker OR the conquest marker if no Aliens are present.

-Marcon

From Jason hill. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/6390452#6390452

jchill7 wrote:
krompot wrote:
If the Vyborian Arbiters have a Conquest marker on a location that has been Demolished, what happens if the Rebuild event card is played on the location?

Does the Conquest marker remain in play after the Demolished marker is removed?

No. The Conquest Marker is removed when the Location is Rebuilt and the Demolished marker is taken off.

- Jason

Am I missing something from his answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsh4u2 wrote:
Am I missing something from his answer?

You're not, it's just that this thread is about specific interaction with the Arbiters race.

-Marcon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Allen
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I agree with Marcon here.

Ignoring the Arbiter thread that Jason posted in, the rebuild card does give a pretty clear OR option. I think that if you were playing competitively, it makes the card good for either party:

1) If you're the alien who conquered a location and then it was demolished, you can use the card to get rid of the demolished marker and recover your terror points.

2) If you're an opposing alien, you can use it to remove your opponent's conquest marker and cost them terror points. As an opponent, you probably wouldn't bother playing it on someone who had their conquest demolished.

The Arbiters are a special case because of their ability to place a conquest marker for free at a demolished location. I guess it would make that ability too powerful if they could then use Rebuild to remove the demolished token and get the full terror points for the location without having to conquer it. However, if this is what Jason did mean in the other thread then I think it should have been clarified on the Arbiters race board or in the FAQ in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delta 5.56
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully Jason will see this thread and let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Allen
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fingers crossed - I have various rules questions on other threads that haven't been resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.