Recommend
18 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: Made myself a clock. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: pun [+] [View All]
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
About 12 years ago one of the funeral homes I worked at was having a clean out, and the boss was throwing away a little coffin shaped ashes urn that had sat, unsold, on the shelf for years. Being a cheeky dude I asked if I could grab it, thinking I might turn it into a moneybox, or something.

Well the other day work I was having a clean out at home and found it in a box of old stuff, and inspiration struck.

I got the clock bits from a hobby store,and the urn itself is quite nice polished mahogany. I now have a timepiece fit for an undertaker.

The genestealer is just there for scale



22 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Now you will know when your time is up.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Erniepaul wrote:
Now you will know when your time is up.


Are you saying I should have put some sort of alarm function in there?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you will know when it is time for coffin coffee. shake

Is there room to also use it for it's original purpose? Then you could tell people its a grandfather clock whistle
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
churchmouse wrote:
Is there room to also use it for it's original purpose? Then you could tell people its a grandfather clock whistle


Using it for its original purpose now would probably result in the workings of the clock getting jammed up. And I don't want to have to explain to the clock repair guy just exactly what is clogging the mechanisim.whistle
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Banichi wrote:
churchmouse wrote:
Is there room to also use it for it's original purpose? Then you could tell people its a grandfather clock whistle


Using it for its original purpose now would probably result in the workings of the clock getting jammed up. And I don't want to have to explain to the clock repair guy just exactly what who is clogging the mechanisim.whistle

FTFY
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! That clock is to die for.
(Or, at least, for dying.)
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, you made your own clock... Hey, a penny saved is a penny urned!
14 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrbentley wrote:
Cool, you made your own clock... Hey, a penny saved is a penny urned!


And the award for best pun of the thread so far goes to jrbentleylaughlaughlaugh
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeabut, you don't look like a clock. You look like a ducat.
3 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Yeabut, you don't look like a clock. You look like a ducat.


EXCELLENT sir, Touche!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Banichi wrote:
jrbentley wrote:
Cool, you made your own clock... Hey, a penny saved is a penny urned!


And the award for best pun of the thread so far goes to jrbentleylaughlaughlaugh


I'm humbled by your kind words and generosity. Thank you!

I must say I think Walt's response is top-notch. Now that's what I'm tocking about...

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But I may have ticked off Banichi-ji.

While we're tocking about it....
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
But I may have ticked off Banichi-ji.

While we're tocking about it....


Oh, here we go...

I have to hand it to you, you're quite good, you're timing on these puns is second-to-none. And I'm not kidding, I really minute. I hope that's crystal-clear. I better quit before I really get wound up and can no longer stem the flow...



4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jrbentley wrote:
I have to hand it to you, you're quite good, you're timing on these puns is second-to-none. And I'm not kidding, I really minute. I hope that's crystal-clear. I better quit before I really get wound up and can no longer stem the flow...

Spring is almost here: Shall wii call seconds and have a formal duel? Or are the ices in your vains not so crystal? Is that why your flowery words can't stop the floe?
laugh
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.