Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Munchkin for the first time last night with my 3-person gaming group. I had been avoiding this game because of its theme, art, and general "kiddy" look. Too bad! It was an absolute blast. Perhaps the overall look and theme isn't my cup of tea, but the game is definitely very high when it comes to the fun factor. Our group had lots of laughs playing. I like games that are a combination of luck and skill, and Munchkin fits that bill too. I totally misjudged this game b/c of its appearance. I look forward to playing again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaarrrrgghhh! You have become one of the people making this game be Steve Jackson Games primary focus be Munchkin and taking away my dream of them working on Car Wars again. Infidel! J/K it is a fun silly game in moderation but I can get my fill pretty quickly if it is played too often in a short time span. My son and I prefer Munchkin Quest the board game but it takes quite a while to play. Have fun but watch your back!

R.I.P. Car Wars cry

Kraken Fan #69
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krakenfan69 wrote:
Aaarrrrgghhh! You have become one of the people making this game be Steve Jackson Games primary focus be Munchkin and taking away my dream of them working on Car Wars again. Infidel! J/K it is a fun silly game in moderation but I can get my fill pretty quickly if it is played too often in a short time span. My son and I prefer Munchkin Quest the board game but it takes quite a while to play. Have fun but watch your back!

R.I.P. Car Wars cry

Kraken Fan #69

yeah, i don't see myself wanting to play this game every time we meet. sometimes we have heavy game nights playing Descent: Journeys in the Dark or Lord of the Rings, sometimes we have medium nights, and sometimes we have lighter nights. this is definitely for those lighter nights when we have a tad less time and just want to have some fun.

definitely watching my back, too . . . ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Glisson
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
www.scottsigler.com/gfl
badge
I'm gonna keep signing my posts so just let it go already.
mbmbmbmbmb
With the right group, occasonal zanyness is a great time that's tough to beat!

Kraken Fan #69
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that Munchkin exists in many other themes (Sci-Fi, Superheroes, Spies, Cthulhu), with very similar mechanics (and the same type of humor).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
Note that Munchkin exists in many other themes (Sci-Fi, Superheroes, Spies, Cthulhu), with very similar mechanics (and the same type of humor).

some of these look very fun. the base game was a blast, so i'm sure i'll try one of the other incarnations at some point. thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also read the classic Munchkin Dungeon reviews. This is my favorite expansion set b/c it adds "global effects" that temporarily change the game for everyone for a few turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention the Pirates' and Kung-Fu themed Munchkin games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Western and Monster Movie themes also
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Munchkin Zombie comes out soon. The players are zombies and most of the monsters are humans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is actually already out. We are playing a group game Saturday with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.