Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a hard time figuring out some of the points in the errata (I tried to fix everything before immersing into the rules or - beware - an actual game). In the end, I found everything and will fix it as good as possible - except for one thing.

I can't make head or tail from this entry of the errata (I may miss the obvious here, please be kind. I just tried to not read too much of the Keeper's handbook). As I have no idea if this could be considered as a spoiler, I "despoilerized" the text:

Quote:
Story 1: The Fall of House Lynch
[...]
Spoiler (click to reveal)
• Clue 1A: The keeper must place Walter Lynch within 2 spaces of any investigator.

Can someone explain what has to be done/altered/inserted/replaced here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Shaffstall
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text on the clue 1A card must be modified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wout wit
msg tools
mbmbmb
AFAIK:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The keepers guide or the cards didn't state that Walter had to be placed close by, so it was possible to place him at the exact other end of the board. That, in combination with the Urges action that lets the keeper move investigators away from Walter made it pretty hard to even get to him before the last event card was resolved.

We had this issue at the very first game we played and it annoyed all of us (even me, the keeper) to no end that the win condition was so flawed, so when I saw this errata earlier today I wasn't surprised one bit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jshaffstall wrote:
The text on the clue 1A card must be modified.

Thanks a lot - dammit - this card stuck to another card of another card type. No wonder I did not find it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.