Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Rekich
United States
Lyndora
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions. One, does the PS Games edition of Schotten Totten containt the "tactic cards" that are similar to the tactic cards in Battle Line? Two, if so, can anyone tell me where (whether on-line or a FLGS) I can get a PS Games version of Schotten Totten in the US? I realize that I could just get a copy of Battle Line, but I like the art of Schotten Totten better. Thanks!

Dean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Powers
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The PS Games (Pro Ludo) version has some extra cards in it, although I don't know that they are equivalent to the Battle Line cards (there are 10 of them).

As for where, go to http://www.michaelareed.com/boardgamesearch/ and you can find it

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael D
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd be useful for once.

I recommend checking out this entry I found on the ST page:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/74257

It seems to suggest the only difference between the PS Games edition of Schotten Totten and Battle Line is the art and the addition of a 10 card for each suit in BL (the Tactics cards are identical and their effects are listed in the article). However, none of the stores that the boardgame search goes through seems to have an copies of ST available at all. However, one Geek does have a reasonably priced copy of the Pro Ludo edition in the US in the Marketplace (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=listforsa...).

Tragic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Powers
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What did you use for your search? I found it at the above link, at my store actually I was trying to be subtle, but I hope no one will mind.

You can find them at http://www.boardsandbits.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SchottenTot....

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kruijt
Netherlands
Eindhoven
NBr
flag msg tools
This overtext intentionally left blank.
badge
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
mbmbmbmbmb
DeanMary wrote:
... does the PS Games edition of Schotten Totten contain the "tactic cards" that are similar to the tactic cards in Battle Line?
Dean

From the description of the Battle Line Tactics Cards rtf file in the files section and what I remember from the rules I read yesterday (for the first time) I'ld say the tactics cards are identical except for the Companion Cavalry card which has value 8 whereas its brother in Schotten Totten has value 7 (IIRC).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Cumference
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
I recently picked up Schotten Totten from Boards and Bits. They are very good, by the way - I ordered in mid-afternoon and they had the order sent out the same day. They charge a flat fee of $10 for shipping so are particularly good for a large order. The version they have is the original, German one: no wild cards. It seemed a bit pricey at 20 bucks for what is actually just a deck of cards but I notice that Battle line is about 13 at most of these places. The game is excellent. I found that after a few minutes I ceased to notice the artwork and mainly concentrated on the numbers on the cards, so there may not be much difference in the game experience between battle line and schotten totten. If you want the wild cards I'd get Battle Line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
peepeeweewee wrote:
...I found that after a few minutes I ceased to notice the artwork and mainly concentrated on the numbers on the cards...

Why is this game always cursed with bad artwork? Battle Line looks like it was made out of MS Office clipart (Grecian army edition) while the new Schotten Totten looks like it was drawn by a ten year old.

If someone redid either game with decent artwork, I'd buy it in a minute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Alexander
Canada
Waterloo
ON
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
edosan wrote:

Why is this game always cursed with bad artwork? Battle Line looks like it was made out of MS Office clipart (Grecian army edition) while the new Schotten Totten looks like it was drawn by a ten year old.

If someone redid either game with decent artwork, I'd buy it in a minute.

Agreed! Although I can look past the artwork if it's a great game, I guarantee my wife would take one look at it and say "no thanks". And since she is my primary 2-player opponent, there's no point in buying a game she won't play.

When I first bought Lost Cities, she took one look at the components and said "let's play this now - it looks great".

There's something to be said for a nice looking game. It may not play better, but it sure gets to the table more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I LIKE the art on Schotten Totten. But I'm also a sucker for cartoons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.