Mike Compton
United States
Lawrence
KS
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To celebrate the release of Heavens of Olympus, we will be holding a special release party on Friday evening, April 1st (yes, I know that's April Fools Day) at the FLGS I manage - Game Night Games - from 6pm til 11pm. I'll be there as well as other fellow members of the Board Game Designers Guild of Utah ("BGDG") to help demo the game for new players. Game Night will also be offering a 10% discount off the price of the game during the hours of the event.

For more information, visit www.gamenightgames.com

For more info about the guild, visit www.bgdg.info

-Mike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on photos and feedback I got from last weekend's Trollhalla release event it seems these celebrations are great fun for all. I only wish I could have been there.

Hope you have another great event. Congratulations on the release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Clifton
United States
Newman Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
Stave it off, 1 2 3, now you can count to three!
badge
Do I know what rhetorical means?
mbmbmbmbmb
meepleCongrats Mike!meeple

I'm working with Tom from Boards and Bits up here in Spokane (I'm helping him own/operate a new FLGS here!) and saw copies of the game in his stock. I'm looking forward to trying it out here (hopefully) soon. I wish I could come down to Game Night for the opening party as it sounds like fun.

Again and best of luck to its success!

Bret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Compton
United States
Lawrence
KS
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bret.

There is actually an article in the Deseret News about the upcoming event. Here's the link:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700123283/Good-heavens-Ga...

Though she got a few small details wrong (I've learned from being involved in news pieces for various things that that's pretty common) it was a good article and I really appreciated Carma being willing to come interview me in connection with the game's release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Clifton
United States
Newman Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
Stave it off, 1 2 3, now you can count to three!
badge
Do I know what rhetorical means?
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool stuff. Actually got to play it tonight at our (unfinished) store. I liked it quite a bit! Interesting area control with all the different balancing and rules and all. My group liked it ok generally. Their biggest turn off was the double thinking where you had to worry what action other people might play and the cost that derived.
Cool artwork and fun theme! If I can get away from this store at all maybe I can write up a review and/or session report.

Hope everything goes well today and have fun! Tell Jonny he's a bum and needs to come to your store more oftencool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Compton
United States
Lawrence
KS
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a link to the recap of the celebration:

http://www.gamenightgames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=80

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.