Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Cooper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
One of the delegates (I can't remember which one) allows you to hold 4 cards for the current round. When drawing to replenish your caucus you are only supposed to draw from the 3 available cards in the draw pool, and then after they have drawn all the cards they need you replenish it. We ran into a situation the other day where somebody used all 4 cards (they had the same faction) to advance up the debate track, thus they needed to draw 4 new cards. Where does the 4th card come from? I see two options, they either take the next one, or after taking the first three we'd replenish it and then they can choose their 4th. We played it that they just got the next one on the stack. So, how should this be dealt with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if the rules cover it, but I would assume the player gets all 3 cards, plus the top card on the deck as you played it. Not replenishing and giving the player a choice of the new 3 down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always played it the other way by replenishing then getting to choose from the new three down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason frequents these boards, maybe he'll pop in with an answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
From: Events: From there to draw the cards if John Langdon is in play?

cleonhard wrote:
Jimcampanella wrote:
2: Draw 3 cards from pool, draw 4th from top of deck, replenish pool.
Disadvantage: Player gets no choices (but that happens when 3 cards
are played anyway.)

This is how I've always played it -- not addressing this in the rules was an oversight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Drejza
United States
Hockessin
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmb
fanaka66 wrote:
From: Events: From there to draw the cards if John Langdon is in play?

cleonhard wrote:
Jimcampanella wrote:
2: Draw 3 cards from pool, draw 4th from top of deck, replenish pool.
Disadvantage: Player gets no choices (but that happens when 3 cards
are played anyway.)

This is how I've always played it -- not addressing this in the rules was an oversight.

Not sure I agree with that rule to take the next card off the top (without choice). The fact that the player gets a 4th card for his caucus doesn't mean there is no choice. If the person just gets one card, he gets a choice of 3 cards from which to select his fourth delegate. The draw pool is limited, but that doesn't mean the player should be. Replenishment has is pretty clear...choose one of the three delegates to replenish your caucus. The person's caucus happens to be 4 cards. You would normally simply fill in the draw pool and let a player choose whichever card he wants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.