Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched the forums, but did not see this addressed.

If a target unit is forced to retreat due to low morale (step 15), can it later provide support when another target unit returns fire later the same turn? My gut would say these guys are too preoccupied retreating, but I could not find any mention of this in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As you say, I don't know of anything in the rules to cover this.

Also, I don't remember anything in the rules that makes you lose actions when you retreat. ie:

My unit is attacked and retreats
I then activate this unit and attack, taking back the tile I just lost.

- If this is legal (and i think it is) then i would imagine it would be legal to use the unit for support also. (though i do agree with your 'commmon sense' ruling too.

---
Lastly, have you seen the discussions/comments about support being too powerful in this game (it is toned down in 'Russian Assault')?

The way we play is that the attacker must pay 1 prestige to 'call in' ranged support (non adjacent) and then draws a tactical modifier card, if he draws a '0' it misses, otherwise it hits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Kroegel
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
yes, you can always support regardless of your state of having moved, fired, retreated or whatever. Support is always a freeby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.