Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out some rules before I get this out on the table, and I've got a couple of questions that I'm not sure have been specifically addressed by the rules:

1. During a company attack/takeover, I'm assuming the defender cannot
defend (cannot play any cards at all) if he only has 1 card in his hand?
The rules only say the attacker can't start a fight with 1 card in his hand.

2. When cards are placed on shipment spaces at the harbours, for Monopoly purposes, the 2nd row of flags will only be taken into account for the last (fully visible) card in the stack?

3. One of the end game conditions is that the shipment deck runs out and there's nothing in the discard pile. I guess that could only happen if people hoard shipment cards in their warehouses not spending them to complete missions, while at the same time trying to keep the max of 6 cards in their hands?
When completing missions, the shipment cards go back into the game, while harbour cards go back into the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Necro-Bump! Anyone have answers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the defender should not be able to play a card if he has only one. The reason for the attacker not playing his last card is that he must play a card to the harbors as the third phase of his turn. The defender will not be able to draw before he must do the same, so he has to keep at least one card in his hand.

Number two is correct per my reading of the rules.

I would really love an answer for number three, I don't understand what is to be done with harbor cards used to fulfill contracts. It doesn't make sense for them to go on the discard pile with the shipping cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Schweiger
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the german rules I read that you create a separate discard pile next to the board for the cards used to fulfill contracts. This also removes shipping cards from play so the shipping card pile can run out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.