Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 6 or 7 times solo with the Trun and have yet to lose. My strategy was simply to drive straight for Capitol City, taking 2 or 3 locations along the way. With four ships on capitol city, they have strength 16 and can really only be beaten by crushing blows. Even then, they have their ultimate toughness to fall back on. Most of these games used the normal resistance track, and ended on turn 4 or 5. The one game I played on Brutal ended on turn 5 (and wasn't that much more difficult).

I guess I'm wondering if these guys are just to powerful for a challenging solo game.

Anyone else experience the overwhelming might of these guys? I thought this game was supposed to be tough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Newell
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played solo with the Trun (random draw) and it went to turn 8. I had the unlucky draw of having 5 of the 6 areas around the landing zone turned into "Demolished" areas. It really sucks when 3 of the first 5 resistance events are atomic bombs and you have split your forces - evenly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd even say they are overpowered in 2 player. Whether cooperative or competitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.