Subject: LOTR Risk 2002 vs Trilogy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bob villa
United States
Villa
Ohio
flag msg tools
What is the differences between Lord of the Rings Risk 2002 and the 2003 Trilogy version? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The earlier 2002 version's map is missing half of Middle Earth, including Mordor! That's why the Trilogy edition is the one most sought after. If you can get either, get the Trilogy edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both, and the Trilogy Edition has the map that includes Mordor and Gondor as well as Harad and the south. This version is much better IMHO. I think you can see some pictures here on the BGG to see the maps yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the rulebooks different? I had the original edition, and just thrifted the trilogy edition. But it's missing the rulebook. Any gameplay changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbolyard wrote:
Are the rulebooks different? I had the original edition, and just thrifted the trilogy edition. But it's missing the rulebook. Any gameplay changes?

I don't think so, just a bigger map, more starting armies as there are more areas to cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed there are 3 leader tokens per color in the trilogy edition vs the 2 per color in the original, and you were limited to 2 leaders in the original. I assume one can now have 3...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbolyard wrote:
I noticed there are 3 leader tokens per color in the trilogy edition vs the 2 per color in the original, and you were limited to 2 leaders in the original. I assume one can now have 3...?

Oh yeah, if you are lucky you can get up to 3 leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbolyard wrote:

Did you know that you can still download the rules for both versions from the Hasbro website?

Risk: Lord of the Rings

Risk: Lord of the Rings Trilogy Edition

For future reference, you can find those links on the game pages here on BGG. All you need to do is select Web Links from the More pulldown menu option, which is the rightmost of the page view options just below the black background section on the game page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.