Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
In a recent article on ICv2 (http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/19680.html), it was stated that Borders owes Flying Frog over $100,000. That's a sizeable chunk of money for any game company, let alone a small, newer company like FFP. While the whole thing gets sorted out, does that mean newer game releases or reprints will be delayed for a bit, or will there be other effects?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

No idea, I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully FF is has a small enough warehouse that getting all those returns (which is the best they can hope for, given bankruptcy courts) won't force them into a cash crunch with all their assets tied up in unsold copies of games.

Here's hoping we don't see an announcement like the one TokyoPop had to make about layoffs. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow!
I see Ravensburger on the list as well.
and bananagrams
Set enterprises

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Something Awry
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
badge
Grr. Arg.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yipe. That's got to a be a blow to those Flying Frog fans that bought their games at Borders, too. I'm lucky in that respect, but as I shop at Borders semi-frequently, well, there, but for the grace of God, go I.

Don't know the FFP folks personally (save one from many years ago; hey, Joel), but have met them a couple of times -- heard Doc Brody's story about The Coachman -- and always felt a sense of local-pride for them; like the "home team" makes it to the big leagues.

Still, they were designing and working on games production well before they made their official début as a company, so, let's hope that savvy serves them well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Something Awry
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
badge
Grr. Arg.
mbmbmbmbmb
To put a coda to the thread: I was able to pose this question to the Flying Frog folks at Card Kingdom's Grand Opening today, and ...

... they were very much surprised to find themselves on the list, because whoever it is, it's not them. Conjecture was made as to what company they might have been confused with, but since it was only a guess, I wouldn't want to repeat it for fear of being further wrong and causing another company's fans needless worry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.