Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished my first time playing using the advanced rules and found it to be pretty easy to win. I won at the end of 1865 with a morale of 8 (highest victory level). The Union never captured Vicksburg, Richmond, or Atlanta. My morale never dropped below 7. Is this a common result? I don't think I made any rule mistakes. Not sure if the game is easy to win or I just got lucky?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know this game very well (haven't played it), but in general States of Siege (SoS) games are not meant to be easy; quiet on the contrary: they tend to be rather difficult, with a lower than 30% win/lose ratio even with experienced players.

So either you did have one or two rules wrong, or your luck is so strong that you should be gambling in stead of playing board games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yep, you were lucky. Report back after a dozen more plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heldt
United States
Harper Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Two panzer jocks in the South Seas hoping that soon they'll get lei'd--
mbmbmbmbmb
So lucky leprechauns are trying to catch you--

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Definitely unusual. Make sure you are understanding all the icons and how initiative for the Union works (there are if I recall even two icon variants for initiative too).

So Grant should be advancing a lot in early game unless you put Lee against him. And if you did then East should have trouble. So possibly there is a rules issue here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played again and got crushed. I think the first game I didn't understand that you still carry out an order for an army even when there is a message to flip over or replace the army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.